1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What is the highest surge you've seen?

Discussion in 'Surge' started by SCaputo, Mar 31, 2016.

1. af_1132

af_1132 Member

This was October 29th, the crazy Halloween Weekend. I got a 6.0x and 6.2x fare that night.
    [​IMG]

Heema and backspaceenter222 like this.
  2. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Plentiful in my market, a lack of surge indicates you probably have too many drivers

circle1 likes this.
  3. af_1132

af_1132 Member

South bay was surging at times last night. I saw some 4.0x when I zoomed in. That is better than previous weekends.

4. NinjaCasper

NinjaCasper New Member

Picked up someone at 8.2 on new years. That's the highest I've seen in Minneapolis

5. naptownlux

naptownlux New Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    This was a beautiful thing to see when first opening the app to start driving for the night. Ended up only getting Select and LUX pings during this surge since both were cheaper, lol.

Attached Files:

6. z289sec

z289sec Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    9.2 at ATT Stadium a couple weeks ago.

7. Watermelonman

Watermelonman New Member

At least 10.6x last night in Burlington but best one I caught last night was a 7.0x

8. Ojuice

Ojuice Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Highest I've picked up was after New Year's 5.0x for 10-mile ride netting $148.75. Highest I've seen on the app was a 7.0x after the recent Orange Bowl game....

9. rotocub

rotocub Active Member

Saw 11.0x on NYE, actually got one at 10.0x.....11 miles for a $102 net.

10. 1rightwinger

1rightwinger Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I have seen several in the 8 to 9 range. I have cashed in on a few of them. Many times when it is that high it seems a bit artificial. And a lot of empty open cars start piling up on the map. Meaning people are not requesting them only a few people that don't care about price are requesting. I think it would be much better of uber to have a higher base rate and less search. Still have surged but use it when necessary and this type of pricing would allow for more consistency for the drivers and passengers would know more what they will pay.

circle1 likes this.
  11. mwalmins

mwalmins Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    10x rosemont near Chicago nye. I was in my bed watching !

12. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    9.9X uber, seen
    850% Lyft, seen -- in a zone where that pays like 11x UberX (12.5x/14.0x with PDBs)

6.0x Uber, gotten

6.0x Lyft, gotten

7.0x Lyft Plus ($11/mi!) Gotten --- noshow
    4.0x LyftPlus, gotten & completed

2.0x Lyft Premiere, several

....Select surge? NONE gotten

13. mghtyred

mghtyred Well-Known Member

6.0x for Fuber? That's it? Didn't you work 7/4 this year? Santa Monica was up to 9x. Got 2 8x trips out of there. Too bad NYE was such a bust.

14. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

12.x nye... I always thought 9.9 was the max too... Apparently it's not Screenshot_20170106-021329.png

circle1 likes this.
  15. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Nope I was in OC Lyft guarantee farming @ about $6-7 /mi

6x was the NYE...

I've almost never aimed for bloodred UberX surge, I'm better at catching it on Lyft. And Select is more likely to pay a medium sum of $40-80 for one ride and get you stack pings, vs teensy lil Xsurge runs and then it's over

Literally tried it like....3 times? 5.4x, 3.7x, 6.0x

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  16. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Lyft OC with its higher minfares and pdb MULTIPLIER (it doesn't add it MULTIPLIES when it stacks) seems to get fatter payouts anyway

$4.75 * 6x > $2.40 * 10x

And a Lyft $35 guarantee + 2 small select fares = more than both of em together

17. RugbyJim

RugbyJim New Member

Newer market here in Iowa City. First big home football game capped at 4.9. in Sept. It sat at 4.9 before kickoff artificially high with 20 riderless drivers. (DUH - everyone already at the tailgaters). Gradually allowing them to get higher it seems. 6.0+ sustained for 4 hours after Michigan home football. It hit 11.2 momentarily on NYE, but looked like very few takers. I gave several on NYE for 8.0, but we have a 3$ minimum here and 28% to the bossman. NYE was just busy, not great.

18. Fishchris

Fishchris Well-Known Member

Ok, you win. This is the highest screenshot for a surge I have seen ☺
    Surprisingly right here in Sacramento a few nights ago, after a not so big basketball game it's search that to 9.4....
    The thing is it was a weeknight so I'm sure there was a lot fewer Uber drivers
    Just goes to show how much we could make if the market was not so oversaturated...

circle1 likes this.
  19. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

I've never seen a surge over 4.7 in my area. I rarely actually get any rides though that are surge even when I'm in the surge bubble. I always get pickup requests outside the surge bubble.

20. Fishchris

Fishchris Well-Known Member

Oh, I get plenty of requests for pickups way outside of the surge buble that I'm sitting in..... but I would have to be a fool to accept them.
    I mean I have been sitting in a 3+ surge and had Uber send me a request for a 20-minute pickup with zero surge !
    I guess Uber thinks that just because I work for them I must be ret@rded....

Anyway Uber already screws me enough. I won't ever drive outside of a surge area...