What is the exact date Uber will block older vehicles?

Hannibalb

Anyone know the exact date and time Uber will be blocking vehicles older than 2009 in Toronto?

UberZF

14th of July 111:59AM
Dont you mean PM?

And it ONLY impacts you from Picking up within the City of Toronto. They don't affect drop-offs, nor do they affect pickups outside of Toronto Proper.
Those restrictions are purely a Municipal restriction, and not for the other Cities.

Token44

There's been no official statement about this from UBER as far as I know.

The city may even give some time for uber to comply with all of the new rules... who knows!

Homer J

Whooo hoooo...

Life is good.
If you don't mind me asking......how is the money now for Eats. I'm solely Eats as well but haven't driven in quite awhile because I was only making like $80 for 6 or 7 hours work so I gave up for a bit. Been thinking about starting again but not sure on how much I'd be making.

Harry70

If you don't mind me asking......how is the money now for Eats. I'm solely Eats as well but haven't driven in quite awhile because I was only making like $80 for 6 or 7 hours work so I gave up for a bit. Been thinking about starting again but not sure on how much I'd be making.
Uber eats number will change after 15th

Chufye

I'd say that's about correct.
That will change come the 16th for obvious reasons.
Plus everyday new eats drivers are signing up.

biozon

While we have to 100% knowledge about it, my assumption is that it will continue through July 15-th (may be not the whole day, but several hours after midnight).

Not sure if they will force every driver that is not eligible from online, but I think when we go offline, we simply would not be able to go online again.

That being said, there might be an oversight and drivers would still be able to go online.

Couldn't care less, though, as I'll be on my way to Cincinnati this Friday morning :cool:

I_Like_Spam

Anyone know the exact date and time Uber will be blocking vehicles older than 2009 in Toronto?
No one can know this, Uber is pretty flexible about this kind of thing and this kind of decision is largely based on computer algorithms.

It might be this coming weekend, it might not be until 2026.

Chufye

Why do you say that?
Truth be told,

I was dishonest about the average per hr per day made when you first asked.

Its considerably less.
In the early days one would get 3 to 4 trips per hr which about to about $20 net per hr after uber cuts.

Now honestly you get 1 or 2 per hr and some hrs zero.

Tooooo many uber eats drivers.

You see about 5 to 6 guys at one restaurant at a time. All waiting on a single package.

The number of drivers grow daily.

Now uber is vigorously advertising uber eats drivers. More so than uberx .

You can see it on Facebook and also our emails and the in app ads.

Homer J

Truth be told,

I was dishonest about the average per hr per day made when you first asked.

Its considerably less.
In the early days one would get 3 to 4 trips per hr which about to about $20 net per hr after uber cuts.

Now honestly you get 1 or 2 per hr and some hrs zero.

Tooooo many uber eats drivers.

You see about 5 to 6 guys at one restaurant at a time. All waiting on a single package.

The number of drivers grow daily.

Now uber is vigorously advertising uber eats drivers. More so than uberx .

You can see it on Facebook and also our emails and the in app ads.
I agree with you. I've been doing Eats since day 1. I was constantly getting 3-4 per hour and then it decreased dramatically which is why I stopped. The longest I went was almost 2 hours without a request. The only reason I was doing Eats was because my car was too old to continue doing X so I had to swap X for Eats to continue.

If I can give you and ALL the Eats drivers some advice.....keep a log of every delivery you do. Write the pick up location and delivery location down. One day I was delivering and 3 deliveries weren't showing up at all. I couldn't complain about it because I couldn't remember where I picked up from or delivered to. My memory is like a goldfish. This will save alot of aggrivation later on if it happens to you.

Thanks for your honesty tho. I appreciate it.

Chufye

I agree with you. I've been doing Eats since day 1. I was constantly getting 3-4 per hour and then it decreased dramatically which is why I stopped. The longest I went was almost 2 hours without a request. The only reason I was doing Eats was because my car was too old to continue doing X so I had to swap X for Eats to continue.

If I can give you and ALL the Eats drivers some advice.....keep a log of every delivery you do. Write the pick up location and delivery location down. One day I was delivering and 3 deliveries weren't showing up at all. I couldn't complain about it because I couldn't remember where I picked up from or delivered to. My memory is like a goldfish. This will save alot of aggrivation later on if it happens to you.

Thanks for your honesty tho. I appreciate it.
Great advice.

I actually monitor all my trips.

Here's what I noticed though.
Uber short pays all drivers and trips by as little as .20 cents and up to even as high as $3-4 on extra long trips.

This is fact, not speculation.
This statement I make comes from vigorous and continual monitoring of uber since I started.

Uber STEALS from us. Consciously.

Mark my words. This may sound preposterous to some.
Dobyour due diligence and see for yourself.

Homer J

Great advice.

I actually monitor all my trips.

Here's what I noticed though.
Uber short pays all drivers and trips by as little as .20 cents and up to even as high as $3-4 on extra long trips.

This is fact, not speculation.
This statement I make comes from vigorous and continual monitoring of uber since I started.

Uber STEALS from us. Consciously.

Mark my words. This may sound preposterous to some.
Dobyour due diligence and see for yourself.
I noticed this as well. Many times the pay was short. I had to fight tooth and nail to get my missing money. Eventually I did get it but it took time and numerous emails back and forth. One time the CSR I was emailing deleted my delivery completely. That one took about 5 emails to get it put back on and to be compensated properly. The difference in what they paid and what it should have been was an additional $12.