What is the cheapest local ride you remember?

Inshur

marcusguber

My 1st time driving car service was probably 1991ish and I remember locals in Forest Hills used to be $4 for Boulevard Car Svc. The reason I ask is it kind of amazes me how everything else in NYC has gone through the roof except the cost of a ride, even without Uber cabs were pretty cheap.

Nastiest dispatchers ever, I remember one day the guy was looking for a driver and called his name continuously for well over 15 mins, "Harvey call the office, Harvey I said call the office Harvey." Non stop...ugh those were miserable days but if you greased the dispatcher you made a killing.

Last edited:

NATIVE_INDIAN

I remember driving yellow cab I picked up lady from Port authority to red hook projects housing, lady ran away without paying.
Last week with Uber, wait 10 minutes to pick up uber rider,rider showed up with a lot of bags, took another 7 minutes, when started the ride, it was going only one block, only got paid 5 dollars and no tips.

marcusguber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember driving yellow cab I picked up lady from Port authority to red hook projects housing, lady ran away without paying.
Last week with Uber, wait 10 minutes to pick up uber rider,rider showed up with a lot of bags, took another 7 minutes, when started the ride, it was going only one block, only got paid 5 dollars and no tips.
Why didnt you cancel them instead of waiting 10 mins?

Inshur New York