WHAT IS THE BEST PLACE TO DRIVE TO EARN MONEY IN COLORADO?

kevzter2222

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks alot for you guys reply. greely and pueblo would be to far lol but ty. so ill get alot of pings in aurora? whats the best time to drive?

mattadams

It all depends on what time of day you drive, and areas near you that tend to be hotspots and whether there are other ubers in those areas. I live in Longmont, fairly far from the bar scene. There are one or two uber's that live closer and a lot of us just hang out at home waiting for pings (I know because I see them in the same spots all the time...) so if someone from the bar area requests, they'll get the requests first.

kevzter2222

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Kev the Denver market in general is already oversaturated with drivers, so I think everyone here is either directly or indirectly trying to discourage you from driving period.
thank you so much for your info i appreciate it. what do you think is the best time to drive and best place?

Frontier Guy

there isn't, all of us having been doing this at least a year or more, and right now, even the times we normally had good luck, we are having horrible luck. I'll second Kev's comment, at 5am on Tuesday morning I drove down Wynkoop by Union Station, between the cabs, livery cars and Uber or Lyft, there were 19 vehicles waiting for fares. I went up 17th and parked at the curb, in 30 minutes I saw 9 empty Uber and or Uber/Lyft combined cars drive by empty, basically trolling. That tells us that the market is oversaturated.

mattadams

I think the market is only oversaturated in places where most drivers think the most business will be. The airport. Downtown Denver. Boulder, etc. The chances of getting a ride from the airport are next to impossible unless you're very patient, time it just right, etc. There are people all over requesting rides though. I live in Longmont and we have a lot of people that hit the bars and at the end of the night there aren't enough uber's for everyone, because all the uber's are out in boulder thinking that's where the rides are. Many people in Longmont say they've practically given up on uber because there are so rarely cars available in the area... so they are relying on ztrip and other cab services who actually send drivers to the area.
I would say that statistically, your odds of a ride are better after dark, but that's not always true.

mattadams

I'd rather live my life with integrity and not have to continually try to justify my actions. I guess one of the benefits of being a "self-employed contractor" is you are only accountable to yourself. My theory is if you don't want to pay the toll road, don't take the toll road. If you take a customer on the toll road and uber pays you for it but you are cheating the toll road out of money, then you are cheating the system, and that's not something to be proud of, I think it's something to be ashamed of.
I guess that's why I have a "REAL" job and just do uber part time, and I've been employed with the same company for 18+ years in a job I love. Regular employers figure out the employees who try to scam the system and get rid of them. Integrity is important in real life.

Midimacman

I'M Gonna have to hand it to you on this defense there acceptanceratetenpercent!!!!! Clever and we'll thought out!
I heard that that freaking toll road was actually paid for quite some time ago and the department of transportation was suppose to remove the toll already. Who are the ones scamming the public here?

Reactions: FAC
Whoever you heard that from is wrong. The E-470 toll road has generally fallen short of expectations. Yes it's an expensive road.

mattadams

E-470 is still under construction and still planning to "complete the loop" out to Golden. They aren't using taxpayer money and they are funding it with tolls. Every time I've taken the toll road, in addition tot he lack of traffic, I've found it to be far superior to the normal interstates. They do a much better job of clearing snow in the winter, repairing damage to the road promptly, etc. and it's funded by tolls. Are they going to go broke because a few cheaters figure out a way around the tolls? Of course not, but again... I'd rather not live my life that way. I'd rather be proud of how I conduct myself. I personally don't like the "well, uber breaks all kinds of laws so I'm no worse than they are". It's a lame way of justifying it. If they were such law breakers, why work for such a criminal enterprise? Why not get a real job somewhere else?

Jimmy Bernat

I use a combination of Kings Fuel Rewards (they have 2x points right now) I get one tank a month that gets me a $1 off a gallon , and I notice even with rewards savings the Uber Fuel Card saves an extra 4 to 7 cents on top of that a gallon .

Sams and Costco are good especially if you use premium , their premium price increase is only like 25 cents compared to 60 cents at normal gas stations but I notice the Regular is only about a dime or so less