What is so hard about basic arithmetic?

Charlie Schwartz

I do not understand it. After a trip, it can be hours before the app finishes "processing the payment". The best it can then give is an "estimate", which sometimes changes over time. And the final result is still off, in my experience about 50% of the time! If it's not Uber overcharging the rider, it's them messing up the sales tax (I'm in New York, where a sales tax is deducted from our earnings). And it makes no sense - sometimes they deduct too much for the tax, yes, but sometimes they deduct too little! IT IS INSANE. THESE ARE COMPUTERS!

tohunt4me

I do not understand it. After a trip, it can be hours before the app finishes "processing the payment". The best it can then give is an "estimate", which sometimes changes over time. And the final result is still off, in my experience about 50% of the time! If it's not Uber overcharging the rider, it's them messing up the sales tax (I'm in New York, where a sales tax is deducted from our earnings). And it makes no sense - sometimes they deduct too much for the tax, yes, but sometimes they deduct too little! IT IS INSANE. THESE ARE COMPUTERS!
It's Uber processing the skimming and double dipping. While they make you believe they are only taking 25% percent.
Covering theft takes time.

Goobering101

Uber is charging every driver more than The 20% or 25% service fee that is agreed upon. The thing is that they overcharge such a low amount per week per driver that nobody thinks twice about asking uber to review and refund what they have overcharged. I reviewed my pay statements for the last 2 months and I noticed that every week they where over charging me $0.11 more than than they were suppose to be charging me. It was simple arithmetic I took the gross total and multiplied it by .25 (25%) and got a total that did not match what uber charged me. Now the difference of $0.11 for one person per week might not seem like a lot of money but when you multiply $0.11 by the thousands of uber drivers then those $0.11 become a substantial amount per week that uber is illegally collecting. In a time where uber rate cuts, uberpool, no tipping, and the over hiring of new drivers are hurting our bottom line to the point where we are literally making pennies after expenses those $0.11 per week start to matter. Here's the kicker, uber acknowledged that this was going via email that they sent me when I asked them to review my pay statements that this was going on but i never received notice of this issue and I doubt anybody else received notice of this issue. They ended up giving me a credit of $0.11 for the pay statement that I brought to their attention with a note letting me know that they were working on fixing the problem to which I thanked them for their help and told them that it was one 1 of many statements that needed reviewing for a refund of the money. I have yet to hear Back from them. What I need to know is if Anybody else experienced the same? We might have some illegal double dipping here.

Truman

An entire fare was missing yesterday.
No "updating" just totally MIA.
Contacted support, they "found it"
Still hasn't hit my payout. Told me to wait 48 hours.

Keep your eyes open