Uber Drivers Forum banner

What is point of Uber giving us $12 or $16 more surge

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  peteyvavs 
#1 ·
When Uber is the one taking half of our pay? Makes absolute zero sense.
Organism Font Line Red Magenta

See less See more
#2 ·
When I pick up a surge amount to be paid on the next trip that surge stays with me even when I go outside the surge area. Which is what I usually do since most times the pax will wait out the surge and you won't get a ping from there anyway. The exception is at bar closing times. When I do have that sticky surge and get a ping from outside the surge area and complete the ride I look at the stats and see quite often that my take is more than what the rider pays Uber. I LMAO.

#6 ·
If you are in an area with Uber Pro, you can see the time and direction of the ride. It says 45 minutes Northwest, as an example. You have to keep your acceptance rating over 85%, but just make sure your acceptance rating is high going into Friday and Saturday and just blow through your acceptance rating in situations where it is surging. Turn down three rides to get the short one. Rinse repeat. In an hour you can get 5 rides at +$12. That's $60 surge dollars straight in your pocket.

#11 ·
When Uber is the one taking half of our pay? Makes absolute zero sense. View attachment 317409
Uber can't be taking half of your money, you get paid miles and time and then any surge. You know once you start the trip how much you are going to make. Uber does not take half of what you agreed to. The surge is on top of that agreed amount. Hopefully that clarifies for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.