• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What is PAX?

I've used the serch and I still cannot find the answer.

What is PAX? And what does it mean? I seen some post about PAX passengers but I still don't understand it.

Started Uber about 2 weeks ago so feel free to slam / burn on this thread.

I'm still learning

uberwerx

I've used the serch and I still cannot find the answer.

What is PAX? And what does it mean? I seen some post about PAX passengers but I still don't understand it.

Started Uber about 2 weeks ago so feel free to slam / burn on this thread.

I'm still learning
PAX: Passengers. It's term that has been used in the travel industry for years. Used like units in some places. I've even heard it overseas being used to refer to shots of alcohol. "Johnny Walker Black Two Pax."

sUBERu2u

Poor OP. Over 4 months for someone to answer his question. This is not a very helpful or friendly forum.

(OP means Original Poster)

Tncluber

Poor OP. Over 4 months for someone to answer his question. This is not a very helpful or friendly forum.

(OP means Original Poster)
It's nerdy to want to know the origin of pax anyway.

Just go with it. It's ez to see most people here use it in a derogatory way towards passengers.

Pax. Piece A Xhit.

There. Question answered.

sUBERu2u

It's nerdy to want to know the origin of pax anyway.

Just go with it. It's ez to see most people here use it in a derogatory way towards passengers.

Pax. Piece A Xhit.

There. Question answered.
Pax has been used as shorthand for passengers since long before ridesharing was even dreamt of. If it's being used in the pejorative it's only in your mind.

Tncluber

Pax has been used as shorthand for passengers since long before ridesharing was even dreamt of. If it's being used in the pejorative it's only in your mind.
I picked it up from the other city forums. It sounds like a slur to me.

It's dehumanizing as opposed to passenger. The guy above said it meant package. I like that.

Lyft and Uber riders are nothing but packages to me. $6 pax.

If you love your passengers and want to hold hands with them, then go for it.

I'll be making money delivering pax.

Last edited: