What is going on

CaligirlinSc

SO !!! I was driving Uber this weekend. Responded to a ping. While in route it was cancelled. I was almost to the location so as I passed by the location what do I see. This big giant Taxi Cab driver with a smirk on his face. I really think he did that ride because I have experienced this before. The first time it happend I called the guy and he told me that he was at a total different location. So he told me where he was as I was half way there he said that's ok he wanted cancel the ride. Anybody experience this before?

JimS

Taxi's are notorious for poaching Uber rides. Not much you can do about it, so long as it's a legit taxi. Hopefully, this rider will see what the meter says and never do that again.

Problem we've had in Savannah is poaching by non-Taxis. This is illegal, but still, not a whole lot anyone can do about it.

Roger in Canton

Taxi's are notorious for poaching Uber rides. Not much you can do about it, so long as it's a legit taxi. Hopefully, this rider will see what the meter says and never do that again.

Problem we've had in Savannah is poaching by non-Taxis. This is illegal, but still, not a whole lot anyone can do about it.
I think what she is saying is that the taxi driver requested the ride, then canceled before the 5 minutes. I would note the time and name, then email Uber with info. Maybe they can cancel his account. Especially if they see a pattern of him requesting and canceling.