What if, if it's a fake complain?

SJCorolla

If he is innocent as he claims, a moment like this is where dash cam video can really prove its value - in the hands of police and the news media. Not that Uber might consider reactivating him.

Disgusted Driver

I've seen at least two dashcam videos where the pax said they would manufacture a complaint, once for racism, once for sexual assault. When the dashcam was pointed out they shut up and got out.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Not taking any side of this guy whether he is guilty or not.

Just pointing out how much this kind of fake complain can ruin someone's life. And for what? For chump change.
They view women as far less human than Americans do. This is one of the ramifications of allowing just about anyone to reside in the US. In the UK, they are regretting the liberal approach, that conservatives fight argue against. We need extreme vetting.

Taksomotor

In most cases he'd still be booked, unfortunately.
This country is moving further and further away from the basic paradigm of "innocent until proven guilty". In the overhyped leftist liberal fight for whatever, we now expect the accused to be responsible for proving his innocence instead of the accused to prove he was guilty. This invariably leads to police state and dictatorship in the long run.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

This country is moving further and further away from the basic paradigm of "innocent until proven guilty". In the overhyped leftist liberal fight for whatever, we now expect the accused to be responsible for proving his innocence instead of the accused to prove he was guilty. This invariably leads to police state and dictatorship in the long run.
The Uber driver in question is from a country where rapes are more acceptable.

AuxCordBoston

This is the most important part:

“When reached for comment, Uber said that as soon as the company was notified, it removed the driver's access to the app.
"What's been reported is horrible and something no one should ever go through," an Uber representative said. "We stand ready to support law enforcement with their investigation."

Ubermcbc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In most cases he'd still be booked, unfortunately.
True
Post automatically merged:

It's really hard to believe these allegations. Not taking any sides until the truth comes out. I hope he has a dashcam for his sake but I highly doubt it.
Assume there is no dashcam camera technology / extreme expensive for a common folk reach. God forbid if someone complain against you or me, would you still drive for rideshare?

My reason for starting this thread, to point out how risky this job is, whether you have dashcam or eye witnesses. Generally speaking people are bad. I have seen it several times in my 15k+ trips driving for guber. If they have a bad day, your life could be over.

Last edited: