What if drivers refused the un-masked?

Youburr

Drivers can always tell pax before they enter the vehicle that you feel unsafe with them and cancel. If so, you are to report the incident to Uber for an immediate follow-up.

2win

All drivers would not participate in such an effort. You can though. If I were still driving I may be inclined to do so. Maybe drivers should start offering passengers masks like water. Or maybe Uber should give each driver a box, haha yeah right. They would have to be cloth masks for now as n95 and surgical masks are in short supply for medical professionals.

genjigal

can someone please tell me ...i have been trying to do my taxes now for weeks but i did not get a regular w2 or 1099 form for uber ... like with box 1 .. box 2... box 3 etc. what i got was just how much i made ...how many miles i drove... and how much i can deduct... is this all i was supposed to get or should i be looking for a usual tax document like a w2 or 1099 with all the boxes on it...please help

blackjackross

All drivers would not participate in such an effort. You can though. If I were still driving I may be inclined to do so. Maybe drivers should start offering passengers masks like water. Or maybe Uber should give each driver a box, haha yeah right. They would have to be cloth masks for now as n95 and surgical masks are in short supply for medical professionals.
Won't make a difference to a lot of drivers. There are so many desperate drivers out there that would gladly do pickups at a leper colony. There's always going to be someone willing to do anything for anyone at any price----what I refer to as "crack-ho drivers". The ridershare business model depends on those drivers in order to survive.

Last edited:

IDriveGNV

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Zero....big fat zero lives would be saved.
Because the whole thing is a hoax right? What would we do without smart-assed answers like this? We'd all be back to work a lot quicker.

With this virus having such a high replication rate, every person that is encouraged to stop the spread can save many lives. If enough passengers were inconvenienced by their drivers refusing service to those without masks, they would be motivated to put the damn things on. Then when you take them to the grocery store, if they are infected they would be much less likely to infect others at the store. And that's entirely up to the driver to make that happen in this case.

It wouldn't take every driver to do it, just a couple of times a week this happens and the passengers would do it to keep from wasting their precious time.

Last edited:

UberBastid

What would happen?
You would be deactivated.

And you should be.

You don't feel safe driving?
Then DON'T DRIVE.

You don't feel that you are being paid enough for the risk?
STOP DRIVING.

But, if you turn your ap on, and make yourself available to work, THEN WORK.
or, don't and go home.

If I was a pax, and you turned me down because I was wearing a mask THAT PROTECTS YOU MORE THAN ME, I'd do the best I could to get your fired. And sooner or later you'll run into someone like me.

So, what would happen?
You'll be deactivated.

Eventually

TBone

can someone please tell me ...i have been trying to do my taxes now for weeks but i did not get a regular w2 or 1099 form for uber ... like with box 1 .. box 2... box 3 etc. what i got was just how much i made ...how many miles i drove... and how much i can deduct... is this all i was supposed to get or should i be looking for a usual tax document like a w2 or 1099 with all the boxes on it...please help
you wont get a regular 1099 if you didnt make 15 or 20k...i think. your fine with the document they gave you. Your total income is the largest amount, then deduct their fees to give you what you earned. Then deduct your expenses