• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What have you been getting for cleaning fees lately?

IDriveGNV

On St Patty's day this year, I was surprised to get only $80 for the same damage that last year paid $150.

In this case, the puker got the outside of the door, the inside, and also down into the window where it meets the door. Photos were clear.

Last year I was paid a $40 cleaning fee for outside the door only.

I wish I'd known the lower fee, because I wouldn't have stopped driving for the night with the constant surge going on. (I have been refused cleaning fees when Uber noticed I got back on the road within a couple of hours.) I could have made much more than $80 if I had cleaned up and continued driving.

But instead I quit at 1 am just after the incident because I didn't want to jeopardize a decent cleaning fee. Mistake.

daave1

That's interesting... I had a puker on Saturday night who opened the door at a red light and puked onto the pavement but managed to get a few ugly drops on my back seat. After dropping them off, I took the requisite pictures and promptly sent them into Uber to request my cleaning fee and then was lucky enough to be able to clean it up perfectly with the supplies that I keep in my trunk in 5 minutes, and hit the road again. The next morning I had an $80 cleaning fee. I agree, the cleaning fee is very inconsistent with the mess. I had far worse a few months ago and only received the same $80 after being put out of commission for the rest of the night.

Attachments

macinmn

tan cloth upholstery

$80 for several light surface spots of blood. offline for 30min to clean, sanitize and dry. back online but did not receive ride requests following.

$40 indirect vomit (from face smeared onto seat and door). offline 40min. 1 ride request filled following.

kc ub'ing!

Broken Arrow- is United States military jargon for a nuclear incident. Could mean lost nuc, accidental detonation of warhead or mistaken launch. Its frightening they even had to come up with a term for this! Its equally frightening, cleaning fees lately is a thing!

Last edited:

Squirming Like A Toad

I got $150 recently for a call-earl that took me about 1.5 hours to clean thoroughly. By thoroughly I mean with soap and water, a plastic brush, and at a car wash vacuum. This was a bad one, 6 girls in the van, the vomiter got it on two of the others and almost on me. If I wasn't just a mile from the dropoff I would have ended the ride and put them all out for health reasons, because I felt sick from it myself and I thought some of the others might also vomit from it. As they got out, they tracked it on things as they moved like a herd of sows.

Rakos

That's interesting... I had a puker on Saturday night who opened the door at a red light and puked onto the pavement but managed to get a few ugly drops on my back seat. After dropping them off, I took the requisite pictures and promptly sent them into Uber to request my cleaning fee and then was lucky enough to be able to clean it up perfectly with the supplies that I keep in my trunk in 5 minutes, and hit the road again. The next morning I had an $80 cleaning fee. I agree, the cleaning fee is very inconsistent with the mess. I had far worse a few months ago and only received the same $80 after being put out of commission for the rest of the night.
Same for me...8>)

That's your St. Patty's day bonus...

Personally Delivered to you car...8>)

I got $150 recently for a call-earl that took me about 1.5 hours to clean thoroughly. By thoroughly I mean with soap and water, a plastic brush, and at a car wash vacuum. This was a bad one, 6 girls in the van, the vomiter got it on two of the others and almost on me. If I wasn't just a mile from the dropoff I would have ended the ride and put them all out for health reasons, because I felt sick from it myself and I thought some of the others might also vomit from it. As they got out, they tracked it on things as they moved like a herd of sows.
This is a $250 bonus...

send back and request more...

And be more descriptive....8>)

Rakos
pic-01.jpg

Beur

I always include this when submitting for a cleaning fee. I quote their exact verbiage, got $80 a few weeks ago for a spilled adult beverage on leather seats they snuck into the car.

FA9C2755-CFF7-4DFF-B172-EC9BB3484D48.jpeg

Veju

And you're putting up with this nonsense in your personal cars for less then a buck a mile. Delete uber

Adieu

This year?

50 coffee on vinyl floor, 50 crumbs on vinyl floor.... too easy

I always include this when submitting for a cleaning fee. I quote their exact verbiage, got $80 a few weeks ago for a spilled adult beverage on leather seats they snuck into the car.

View attachment 215599
Funny how that doesn't list marijuana or dogsh!t

Anthony 11

Thanks for that photo. They just added an extra $40 for a St. Patrick day mess. It was on the inside and they originally only gave me $40.