What happened to the NYE bonus

Inshur

Fightorflight

I was looking forward to stacking up with Lyft tonight . Now it makes no sense really. Anybody received any incentives to go out tonight?

KevinZ

It doesnt look like it will surge much! Last year 3x-5x is the norm if i remember correctly. This year probably 1.5-2.1. Hope im wrong. Uber/lyft will definitely be charging pax surge prices but will the driver get any of it

Last edited:

FuberNYC

The surge is capped to 3.3 for Uber and 300pt with Lyft. They don't need to give out any boost because they already have a lot of cars working tonight. Btw until a couple years ago there were money to be made but not in the 5 boroughs.
I'm glad they've raised it a bit. I remember it was 1.8X for 2016

burgerflipper

It doesnt look like it will surge much! Last year 3x-5x is the norm if i remember correctly. This year probably 1.5-2.1. Hope im wrong. Uber/lyft will definitely be charging pax surge prices but will the driver get any of it
there was no 5x surge last year. you must be thinking of 2014, in long island there was maybe 5x but not in the 5 boros but with the suburb rates that 5x isnt much anyways

Jigglypuff1093

I drive for a livery base in queens, and it’s been job after job since I came out 5pm. Should be a good night for us livery drivers.
It was good all day yesterday and today morning. Made twice of my average so far for the last two shifts.

KenStyles

The Uber swines worded it in a way that drivers thought they would get $45 for 12 rides between 6pm and 4am.

Thats not he case... It was broken up in tiers....
6-10pm 6 rides = $15
10-12am 6 rides = $15
12-4am 6 rides = $15

So if you only did 5 rides during any of those windows you didn't get anything.

I had to read the fine print in the "learn more" page to figure this out.

Zubera

Thats not he case... It was broken up in tiers....
6-10pm 6 rides = $15
10-12am 6 rides = $15
12-4am 6 rides = $15

So if you only did 5 rides during any of those windows you didn't get anything.
Wow that's some stupid quests. I didn't bother working yesterday and today but I think Lyft's quests was better then Uber's

Screenshot_20190101-160512_Messages.jpg

Price_action

Wow that's some stupid quests. I didn't bother working yesterday and today but I think Lyft's quests was better then Uber's

View attachment 286718
But there is a catch cos in surge areas they send you out at begining of quest and also if you do make it back somehow you lose on the surge pricing cos if you cancel because you don’t see a surge adjusted in the ride then it resets the whole three ride quest thing. I always feel like laughing when they push a non surge ride trying to force you to compete the quest. I say screw it and rather take a surge ride then try and compete the quest with non surge rides.

Zubera

But there is a catch cos in surge areas they send you out at begining of quest and also if you do make it back somehow you lose on the surge pricing cos if you cancel because you don’t see a surge adjusted in the ride then it resets the whole three ride quest thing. I always feel like laughing when they push a non surge ride trying to force you to compete the quest. I say screw it and rather take a surge ride then try and compete the quest with non surge rides.
That's why I always ignore quests and take jobs that pay higher prices aka with higher surge.