• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What happened to the little yellow dude

Kevin Kargel

I drove in Sioux Falls last weekend and didn't see the little yellow dude on the app once. I hope he's not gone, he is very handy for finding pax that put in the wrong address

losiglow

I think Lyft has location sharing on by default. Which is why most Lyft rides have the yellow guy. But they can turn it off if they want. Most people don't mess with the settings though.

Uber is the opposite. They have it turned off by default. Which is why you rarely see the blue icon showing the passenger location. They'd have to turn it on manually - which I've done in my passenger app so the driver can find me more easily. But again, people don't mess around with their settings.

Lyfted13

F that yellow dude. What is the point of having a pin if little yellow pax is in a different place? There should only be one location... either be where you are supposed to be or get left. I don’t acknowledge that yellow dude

RideShareJUNKIE

F that yellow dude. What is the point of having a pin if little yellow pax is in a different place? There should only be one location... either be where you are supposed to be or get left. I don’t acknowledge that yellow dude
Yeah unfortunately thats the nature of location sharing technology as it stands. Most of the time I noticed it is not an accurate representation of the actual location of the cheap pax. depending how fast it updates/refreshes and a bunch of other factors (good signal,latency, etc). Im indifferent, unless going for the cancel no show, lol.

Lyfted13

Yeah unfortunately thats the nature of location sharing technology as it stands. Most of the time I noticed it is not an accurate representation of the actual location of the cheap pax. depending how fast it updates/refreshes and a bunch of other factors (good signal,latency, etc). Im indifferent, unless going for the cancel no show, lol.
I hear you, but I have taken Lyft as pax and it isn’t hard to check the address to make sure it matches where you physically are. You can put the location in manually if you need to, so there should be no need for that yellow guy. That guy is useless. That is Lyft catering to stupidity

RideShareJUNKIE

I hear you, but I have taken Lyft as pax and it isn’t hard to check the address to make sure it matches where you physically are. You can put the location in manually if you need to, so there should be no need for that yellow guy. That guy is useless. That is Lyft catering to stupidity
I know, unfortunately we have to dumb down alot for this surface level bullshit everyone just runs with. There are lots of broken holes in the rideshare game, but no one wants to have a conversation about it. I feel ya!

Disgusted Driver

So let me get this straight, you do not abide by the yellow dude. We need to get you a white russi :sneaky: an

FLKeys

Situations are different. I do many pick-ups at a resort that stretches 1/3 a mile along the road it is on. The entire property has one address. That little dude comes in handy to make the quickest pick up at this place and several others i pick up at daily. Personally I'd rather have the 7 mile average trip over a cancel fee.

KK2929

Turn phone off and back on. If that does not work -- uninstall and reinstall app.
That should take care of the problem. Note: As you know, if the ride is not for the account holder, the yellow man will not be seem at the pickup point. A couple of times, I have had the pax turn off their phone after they call for a ride. That never made any sense to me but ----

FLKeys

Turn phone off and back on. If that does not work -- uninstall and reinstall app.
That should take care of the problem. Note: As you know, if the ride is not for the account holder, the yellow man will not be seem at the pickup point. A couple of times, I have had the pax turn off their phone after they call for a ride. That never made any sense to me but ----
I have had that a few times, saving battery. They appreciate the charger in my car.

RideShareJUNKIE

A couple of times, I have had the pax turn off their phone after they call for a ride. That never made any sense to me but ----
You know what this is? This is the pax telling you its ok to no show cancel them for $5. That's my SOP on this situation. Its important to pay close attention to these signs. LOL

A majority of my prescheduled rides are without a phone or phone off, which in my experience is the pax once again telling me its ok to collect the $10 cancel no show fee.
I keep it pretty simple.
I can only be as deceptive as the leader, which is LYFT. Lead by example! hehe.