What gas mileage do you get?

• <10 - What are you driving?! A bus? Maybe an RV?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20 - I'm guessing you're driving Black in an Escalade or Suburb. Otherwise, you're doing it wron.

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • 21-28 - Typical sedan or small SUV

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • 29-36 - Compact or driving like a granny?

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • 37-45 - Subcompact. Or Hybrid sedan.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • 46-52 - Small hybrid. E.g. Prius

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • >52 - Foot powered Flintstone car?

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Electric. Eff gas mileage!

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

losiglow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow. There's a lot more vehicle "diversity" than I thought. In my market it seems 90% of the drivers have a small or midsize sedan. Hyundai elantras, sonata, Nissan Sentra, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, etc, etc. There are plenty of CRVs, Nissan rogue's, RAV4s and what not.

I seen a few vehicles that I would never drive rideshare with such as Mercedes E-Class, Audi A6 s, and even a Maserati. But those have always been up in Park City where there's more demand for lux vehicles.
Post automatically merged:

40mpg, reasonably spacious interior hybrid luxury sedan (Lincoln MKZ), black on black.
I test drove the MKZ. I was between that and the Lexus ES300h. My Acura TL had 280K on it and was ready to be put out to pasture. Plus, while it was comfortable and fun to drive, I was tired of getting 24 MPG on premium.

I liked the MKZ but decided on the Lexus. It was more expensive but prices have come down with a virus and even more so with hybrids since gas is cheap and nobody seems to be buying them right now. I broke my own rules and picked up a 2017 lease return with 30k miles on it for 27k. But dang, no regrets. It's comfy as heck and I can do Lyft lux, Uber comfort and Premier, which I'm surprised to find out has way more demand than I thought it would. The best of all, it gets 40-42 on mid-grade vs 24 on premium. Between that and the additional revenue from the premium rides, it's paying its own payments in gas savings and then some. I'm setting aside all of my Lyft fares to pay down the loan. I'm hoping to have it paid off in the next 12 months.

Now we'll just see how long the battery lasts......

Last edited:

K-pax

Wow. There's a lot more vehicle "diversity" than I thought. In my market it seems 90% of the drivers have a small or midsize sedan. Hyundai elantras, sonata, Nissan Sentra, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, etc, etc. There are plenty of CRVs, Nissan rogue's, RAV4s and what not.

I seen a few vehicles that I would never drive rideshare with such as Mercedes E-Class, Audi A6 s, and even a Maserati. But those have always been up in Park City where there's more demand for lux vehicles.

I test drove the MKZ. I was between that and the Lexus ES300h. My Acura TL had 280K on it and was ready to be put out to pasture. Plus, while it was comfortable and fun to drive, I was tired of getting 24 MPG on premium.

I liked the MKZ but decided on the Lexus. It was more expensive but prices have come down with a virus and even more so with hybrids since gas is cheap and nobody seems to be buying them right now. I broke my own rules and picked up a 2017 lease return with 30k miles on it for 27k. But dang, no regrets. It's comfy as heck and I can do Lyft lux, Uber comfort and Premier, which I'm surprised to find out has way more demand than I thought it would. The best of all, it gets 40-42 on mid-grade vs 24 on premium. Between that and the additional revenue from the premium rides, it's paying its own payments in gas savings and then some. I'm setting aside all of my Lyft fares to pay down the loan. I'm hoping to have it paid off in the next 12 months.

Now we'll just see how long the battery lasts......
Lexus’ are good too. Toyota is known for making cars that last forever.

Not sure what premium is. Is that like select? They are nixing select at the end of July sadly. Mine could do all the way up to UberBlack but I’ve been told the paperwork burden is too much money compared to demand (I do LuxBlack).

jeanocelot

Nope the difference is I actually enjoy driving my car all day...

Enjoy your hooptie. As for money pit if you have mechanic skills which I do, and know what regular maintenance is. My car will be on the road long past the day your hooptie finds its way to the local pull a part...

Oh and while we're on the subject I didn't want to brag, but here's a few of my Money pits cash tips I didn't feel like showing off...

View attachment 478502 View attachment 478503 View attachment 478504
What did you do to get the Franklin portraits?

My VW Jetta Wagon IV is rated at 31/24, but I never got to see the 31 at sea level (got 37 on US 50 in the Colorado mountains though), maybe getting up to 29.5 doing 72 on the interstate. Now with its 167K mileage, I think I get about 27/21 (although maybe the spark plug I recently replaced will fix that?), and yes, I am a "jack-rabbit" accelerator. But since my ride is all depreciated out, my only cost is in repairs (which there always seem to be every 5K miles or so), and so the low gas mileage is more than made up from the "don't have to buy a new car" savings. I just hope she lasts until I can a driverless car. :coolio:

In case anyone is wondering, it's a 2003, and thus it was too old for me to use when I had considered being an ant. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

UpNorth

2007 Nissan Versa 244875 miles 30 mpg city 32 Hwy get compliments all the time nice clean car
20200627_132024_HDR.jpg

Was a Nissan Master tech in my day, do all my own maintenance repairs

KenLV

~22-23 but that's for an XL qualified vehicle - and I ONLY accept XL rides.

Well, when I was driving, right now, I'm enjoying getting $1049/wk to put ZERO miles on my car!

TXUbering

My Uber vehicle would get about 27-30 MPG, my non-Ubers get about 15-17 MPG. Both non-Ubers are V8s, The Uber is a 4-banger. Interestingly enough, the Uber has more tech baked in than the other two.

FLKeys

2007 Nissan Versa 244875 miles 30 mpg city 32 Hwy get compliments all the time nice clean car View attachment 479370

Was a Nissan Master tech in my day, do all my own maintenance repairs
I have a 2011 Nissan Versa can’t ever seem to get better than 28 mpg over all. My average after 185,546 miles is 27.3 mph sad I get better mpg in a mid size SUV. Always thought it was an issue dealer never found any thing to indicate bad fuel economy

dauction

View attachment 478466

2000 Honda Insight. The car rewards economic driving style greatly.
How is a 2000 year vehicle approved for uber, to transport people? I could see DD , food delivery

You may indeed keep it well maintained but the suspension has to be short, ball joints, rockers etc..

I have a 2011 Nissan Versa can’t ever seem to get better than 28 mpg overall. My average after 185,546 miles is 27.3 mph sad I get better mpg in a mid size SUV. Always thought it was an issue dealer never found anything to indicate bad fuel economy

FL ...Look for a used Lincoln MKZ 38mpg Winter 44mpg spring / fall and 40mpg in Summer and your driving with some class
2014l.PNG

I love it..

You are in Florida ...here is a little older one ..a 2012 with 85K on it (remember is it Hybrid so the engine really on has probably 55k-60k on it..rest is electric)
$7,500 cargurus.com

1593333998766.png

Last edited:

Uberguyken

I have a 2011 Nissan Versa can’t ever seem to get better than 28 mpg over all. My average after 185,546 miles is 27.3 mph sad I get better mpg in a mid size SUV. Always thought it was an issue dealer never found any thing to indicate bad fuel economy
And for such a small car Nissan should be ashamed of only 28 mpg... Hell a civic gets close to 40....