What gas mileage do you get?

• <10 - What are you driving?! A bus? Maybe an RV?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20 - I'm guessing you're driving Black in an Escalade or Suburb. Otherwise, you're doing it wron.

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • 21-28 - Typical sedan or small SUV

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • 29-36 - Compact or driving like a granny?

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • 37-45 - Subcompact. Or Hybrid sedan.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • 46-52 - Small hybrid. E.g. Prius

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • >52 - Foot powered Flintstone car?

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Electric. Eff gas mileage!

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

tohunt4me

Up to 36 m.p.g. in a " midsize" 1.8 L
6 spd. Trans.
I get 21 mpg in my truck which i also use to deliver pizza.4 spd. Trans. 2.8 L 4 cyl.
( gas is still cheap for now)

Having catalytic convertors " customized" in my car due to blockage caused by faulty mass airflow sensor delivering rich fuel supply.

$1,000.00 to replace.
$100.00 to " customize".

TomTheAnt

My truck runs right at 16mpg around town, no matter what I do. Much better on the hwy.

Not agreeing with the comment not doing it wrong, though. To make things work for my PT strategy, I’m screening and discriminating pretty hard while anting. Maybe even longhaul every now and then... :whistling:

Last edited:

kingcorey321

HYUNDAI elantra . Bought it 3 years ago still a great car.
Average 45 on the freeway driving 77 mph cruse . City here meaningless answer we all know 30 ish
there are a lot of stone chips on the hood front bumper damaged from a parking block .
Other then that the front seat shows wear from a somebody sitting in it all day everyday. It should easily last 3 more years before i trade it in , knock on wood

Uberguyken

Rocking a 2013 BMW X5, gets between 17-20 mpg. May not be great but then again I don't do a lot of short newbs runs either and have my game on Lock so I still run between $20-30 hr. Could be better with a more fuel efficient car, but my compliments and tips show the benefit of said BMW....

Screenshot_20200625-102707.jpg

DriverMark

Have a '16 Mazda3, run about 30 mpg. With the drop in gas prices, and getting close to 150k miles, I switched to Ethanol Free gas a 2 months ago. Car was getting "slightly" rough idling, usually hardly noticeable, and a very faint knock. Switching up the gas totally got rid of both of those. And I think also gave me a slight boost to mpg. But, it does run about 30 cents more per gallon. And not sure if it's the ethanol free that helped or the fact it's also a higher octane. Maybe it's both.

tohunt4me

Have a '16 Mazda3, run about 30 mpg. With the drop in gas prices, and getting close to 150k miles, I switched to Ethanol Free gas a 2 months ago. Car was getting "slightly" rough idling, usually hardly noticeable, and a very faint knock. Switching up the gas totally got rid of both of those. And I think also gave me a slight boost to mpg. But, it does run about 30 cents more per gallon. And not sure if it's the ethanol free that helped or the fact it's also a higher octane. Maybe it's both.
That ethanol alcohol attracts WATER to your gas & gas tank.
It Ruins Lawnmowers & outboard motors.
Bad for older cars.
Tax Payers subsidise it for corn farmers to grow .
The corn grown to make ethanol is inedible !
The pollution runoff from synthetic fertilizers destroys the Gulf of Mexico.

Ethanol fuel additive LEAVES A PATH OF DESTRUCTION !

EVERYWHERE IT GOES !

z_z_z_

Rocking a 2013 BMW X5, gets between 17-20 mpg. May not be great but then again I don't do a lot of short newbs runs either and have my game on Lock so I still run between $20-30 hr. Could be better with a more fuel efficient car, but my compliments and tips show the benefit of said BMW....

View attachment 478468
First off what levels of Uber does a 7 year old 5-seater BMW SUV even qualify for? 🤣

Secondly, how much of your pathetic +20% in tips is actually from your 7-year old money pit luxury german SUV?

I drive a 10 year old rusty ford and also get +20% in tips 🤣 but that's nothing compared to the +50-100% that used to be a daily occurrence when I was driving a REAL cab before this Uber shit ever started.
Post automatically merged:

BTW, just last week I bought a nice 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid for $3200 to flip, but with 38+mpg, maybe I should just keep it and add it to my account... 🤔 Then again I'm pretty sure my tip-% would take a nosedive and the mpg would need to pick up the slack. Hmmm...
riders don't tip based on how expensive your car is

first is how CLEAN your car is and if it is well maintained
second how well you do your damn job
third if you make any special connection with them telling jokes/stories/dealing with their bullshit etc

most people don't know shit about cars and aren't going to pay you extra for a luxury car, if they wanted that they would be calling a black/suv to begin with

TomTheAnt

first is how CLEAN your car is
third if you make any special connection with them telling jokes/stories/dealing with their bullshit etc

most people don't know shit about cars and aren't going to pay you extra for a luxury car, if they wanted that they would be calling a black/suv to begin with
I know that perfectly well since that's what I do, too. My regular ride is 13-year old pickup truck w/250K miles and people comment on a regular basis how awesome it is. I do not have scientific evidence how any of the tippers tip just because of the vehicle, but my assumption is that quite many do.

z_z_z_

I know that perfectly well since that's what I do, too. My regular ride is 13-year old pickup truck w/250K miles and people comment on a regular basis how awesome it is. I do not have scientific evidence how any of the tippers tip just because of the vehicle, but my assumption is that quite many do.
No they literally do not give a shit about what kind of car you drive, 90% of people know nothing about cars and forget what kind of car it is as soon as they sit down inside. Getting tips because your car is clean and in good condition is not because of your car, it's because of your effort as a driver. Any car can be clean, good looking, and well maintained, that's all on your daily efforts as a driver not because you bought the car that way.

Uberguyken

First off what levels of Uber does a 7 year old 5-seater BMW SUV even qualify for? 🤣

Secondly, how much of your pathetic +20% in tips is actually from your 7-year old money pit luxury german SUV?

I drive a 10 year old rusty ford and also get +20% in tips 🤣 but that's nothing compared to the +50-100% that used to be a daily occurrence when I was driving a REAL cab before this Uber shit ever started.

first is how CLEAN your car is and if it is well maintained

Nope the difference is I actually enjoy driving my car all day...

Enjoy your hooptie. As for money pit if you have mechanic skills which I do, and know what regular maintenance is. My car will be on the road long past the day your hooptie finds its way to the local pull a part...

Oh and while we're on the subject I didn't want to brag, but here's a few of my Money pits cash tips I didn't feel like showing off...

IMG_20200505_151926.jpg
IMG_20200416_145950.jpg
IMG_20200306_193442.jpg

z_z_z_

Nope the difference is I actually enjoy driving my car all day...

Enjoy your hooptie. As for money pit if you have mechanic skills which I do, and know what regular maintenance is. My car will be on the road long past the day your hooptie finds its way to the local pull a part...

Oh and while we're on the subject I didn't want to brag, but here's a few of my Money pits cash tips I didn't feel like showing off...

View attachment 478502 View attachment 478503 View attachment 478504
Wow $260 that should be enough to MAYBE buy you ONE new tire on that piece of junk 🤣

and I can pull cash out of my wallet and take a picture too 🤣

Let me know when you go home with at least 500 cash in hand after a single day then we can talk

SinTaxERROR

My VW Jetta diesel gets about 45 mpg. When I was using my BMW 535xi was getting about 20-25 mpg...

Both of these vehicles, I like to keep my foot hard on the pedal...

I will undoubtedly agree with @Uberguyken that the BMW drew in way more and much higher tips for sure... those type of pax didn’t mind the spirit driving such vehicle could offer...

Uberguyken

Keep taking pictures of your money trying to make yourself feel good... you're going to need it when you waste it all on that junker

Have fun driving around pax at $0.70 a mile watching the money fly out the window in your 5000 lb "performance" SUV
Here my friend has something she wants to tell you...

tenor - 2020-05-22T235221.517.gif