What else do you do?

Inshur

Ez2dj

Hi everyone,

It's been great sharing ideas with everyone. Some of you got into the business to pay bills or to be your own boss. I want to know what are your hopes and aspirations in life? Is this your only job? Why did you get into this industry?

I got into this because I have a business that has a lot of debt. There was no other way of making so much in so little time. I own a film company and its been slow which is why I drive, to save my business. Once things become good I am gone for good. But I must say it has been enjoyable if not frustrating driving rude people around. I sit in traffic and contemplate my life choices...

Share your story! We all come from all walks of life.

Admitter

Hi everyone,

It's been great sharing ideas with everyone. Some of you got into the business to pay bills or to be your own boss. I want to know what are your hopes and aspirations in life? Is this your only job? Why did you get into this industry?

I got into this because I have a business that has a lot of debt. There was no other way of making so much in so little time. I own a film company and its been slow which is why I drive, to save my business. Once things become good I am gone for good. But I must say it has been enjoyable if not frustrating driving rude people around. I sit in traffic and contemplate my life choices...

Share your story! We all come from all walks of life.
I used to Own microsoft but now my business has alot of debt so im doing this. There was no other way of making so much in so little time.
Once i make a Billion im done with this.
Started two months ago n have alreday reached 980 million by only doing uber pool :biggrin:

Me3zyy

It amazes me how someone can start an interesting and original thread and get the same replies that every other thread gets. Every single thread is starting to look the same.

Anyway I started driving temporarily as a means to save up in order to start a small business. I had it in my head that I'm only going to drive for 2 years. I think it's already been 2 years. I'm new to uber but I was doing car service before. This job is like a sinkhole. Once you're in it's really hard to get out. It's still in the back of my head that I'm going to eventually get out of this and do something better, but I think I know deep down that it might not happen.

real-trip

I used to Own microsoft but now my business has alot of debt so im doing this. There was no other way of making so much in so little time.
Once i make a Billion im done with this.
Started two months ago n have alreday reached 980 million by only doing uber pool :biggrin:
You told us to share our stories or our DREAMS ???

Ez2dj

It amazes me how someone can start an interesting and original thread and get the same replies that every other thread gets. Every single thread is starting to look the same.

Anyway I started driving temporarily as a means to save up in order to start a small business. I had it in my head that I'm only going to drive for 2 years. I think it's already been 2 years. I'm new to uber but I was doing car service before. This job is like a sinkhole. Once you're in it's really hard to get out. It's still in the back of my head that I'm going to eventually get out of this and do something better, but I think I know deep down that it might not happen.
More power to you! Don't let this be your thing. I am so determined to finish quick and get out.

SpeedracerX

I lost my job @ corporate bank. My faamily has always been in the Yellow business, father owns a three medallions. I like the flexibility, but God Willingly hopefully this is something that's not long term...I also have hopes/dreams of opening my own business.

Good luck to All in their Hopes/Dreams & Asriprations

aluber1968

I think that for a lot of us, this was supposed to be a temporary job that turned into something semi permanent. The only thing that keeps me driving is the flexibility of doing my own hours. Everything else sucks. To most passengers we are lowlifes and should be appreciative of their $8 trip that took as much time to complete as to get to them.

Jim1985

I got laid off my previous position as a shift lead at my previous job. I couldnt find anything to match the money i was making so i decided to use the tlc license i acquired long ago just in case. I dont regret it ever since. I can see that for most this isnt something you want to keep doing. I know is a tough gig but in my opinion it is also lucrative if you know the business. Ill probably end up doing this for another few years and then ill go into my passion in the health industry. For now i have no major complaints about it, yea uber could be better, fares could go up. Pax could be less brady and traffic could use a break. But it makes it all worth while at the end. I mean, we are still going to do this so why not be happy about it while it lasts, maybe we will laugh at this forum when the current drivers leave to do what they want to do.

blueber

I actually quit my full time job at a bank in 2013 because I was fed up for who I was working for. Collected unemployment for about a few months and somehow started driving rideshare. That job resignation is one of the worst decision I ever made in my life. It was not a lucrative job, 40k a year but it was easy money compared to rideshare and I had good benefits. I just could not stand my bosses, but I should have stuck it out longer until I found something better.

Live and learn.

Ez2dj

I actually quit my full time job at a bank in 2013 because I was fed up for who I was working for. Collected unemployment for about a few months and somehow started driving rideshare. That job resignation is one of the worst decision I ever made in my life. It was not a lucrative job, 40k a year but it was easy money compared to rideshare and I had good benefits. I just could not stand my bosses, but I should have stuck it out longer until I found something better.

Live and learn.
I did something like that too. My bosses were abusive me and worked me like a horse. But you live and learn.

Ez2dj

I am probably going to get offered a partnership with a company in the coming months I cannot wait for it. Then I can focus on 2 companies (one being my own) and not worry about driving spoiled elite rude Manhattan jerks around.

Inshur New York