What does U/L state in TOS about stops?

Declineathon

Are stops to:
1. let people in or out, and immediately move on?

2. Wait for an arbitrary length of time?

3. Any TOS protocol on them leaving their belongings?

4. Can you call U/L while you are waiting and have them dictate what they want you to do? End trip drop off belongings at GLH?

Hey, were not talking about a quickie, my buddy will be right out ... infuriating 10 min. Wait.

No, were talking about some freak leaving the car with its whoknowswhat in it...
Or
Leaving, and your just sitting there thinking i have to cancel, but theres no countdown timer.

Whats the UL protocol?

JimKE

AFIK, there is no "protocol." Uber "recommends" that riders limit stops to 3 minutes, but there is no hard and fast rule. I don't know what Lyft does.

To me, "stops" are primarily to pick up or drop off other people in the ride. That has been most of my experience, and those stops have been very easy and quick.

I do not consider a stop to be a "shopping" event. If someone is going into a store or restaurant, that's the end of the ride for me.

On the issue of "My buddy will be right out," the best advice is to board groups all together. Don't let them put an "anchor" in your car, and don't start the ride until everybody is present. You can give them some BS reason, like "for insurance purposes," to avoid controversy. Or, if they give you crap, just thank them for their time and leave. Drive around the corner, wait until the timer expires and no-show them.

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
Here is Uber's notes on this (from their website):

Request a ride with multiple stops

You can request that your driver make multiple stops when requesting a ride. Here's how:

1. Open the Uber app and tap the "Where To?" box
2. Tap "+ Add multiple stops" to add up to 2 additional stops
3. Tap "DONE" to continue

Stops will be made in the order they're added. To remove a stop, tap the "X" next to it.

Remember to keep each stop under 3 minutes. If you're splitting your fare, it will be split for the entire ride, not split by the cost to each stop.

NOTE: This feature is not available on UberPOOL rides.

SuzeCB

If they anchor you, pretend you don't notice, end the ride after they go in the store, and drive away. About 2-3 blocks away, report the left-behind item to Uber as if the pax had overlooked it. Get your $15 return fee.