What do you miss 💋 most about driving?

waldowainthrop

Chatting with passengers:

I’ve said it a lot here, but I really liked the gig even though it’s terrible. I like talking with most people, even when they’re passengers. I enjoy pretty much everyone on this forum too, even the misanthropes, cranks, conspiracy theorists, capitalist apologists, and haters. I am filled with a joy for life and a need to connect with and understand people, and rideshare subsidized that for me in a fun and low consequence way.

doyousensehumor

Rather you're still driving or stopped (now or a while back) I'm sure there's something you miss about the old days of driving. Even a tiny bit❓
View attachment 444256
I miss shuffling 🃏
And longhauling 🚛
And cherrypicking 🍒
And giving out 5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 to difficult pax 🤗
Talking with wealthy people 💵
And entrepreneurs/small business owners 💪
And blue collar workers 🛠

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo836

I quit over a year ago, and I can't remember even a single moment when the thought crossed my mind "I miss driving for Uber." There would have to be a spectacular pay increase for me to even think about it again, and even with a huge pay hike I don't think I would bother.

UberBastid

I miss the sounds of gagging and barfing in the back seat.
I miss the sounds of angry, arguing drunken pax's.
I really miss the sounds of a 19 yo punk telling me what I have to do.
I miss the smells ... oh, the smells I miss the most.
I miss the Uber messages saying that I haven't been accepting enough $3 rides.
I miss the cops hassling me for being an Uber driver.
I miss Uber hassling me for being an Uber driver.
I miss the pax's hassling me for being an Uber driver.
I miss the look of concern on my wife's face as I drop a small pistol in my pocket to go to work.

doyousensehumor

I miss the sounds of gagging and barfing in the back seat.
I miss the sounds of angry, arguing drunken pax's.
I really miss the sounds of a 19 yo punk telling me what I have to do.
I miss the smells ... oh, the smells I miss the most.
I miss the Uber messages saying that I haven't been accepting enough $3 rides.
I miss the cops hassling me for being an Uber driver.
I miss Uber hassling me for being an Uber driver.
I miss the pax's hassling me for being an Uber driver.
I miss the look of concern on my wife's face as I drop a small pistol in my pocket to go to work.
Now you get the sounds of silence?

UbaBrah

I miss driving at night time. I used to find it cosy and kind of magical doing the bar traffic. Vibing with people who are in the zone as far as going out. I like people who are out to have fun. I can't count the number of times I used to gel with nice pax, we'd often get on like a house on fire. The default experience on here of a-hole riders is pretty alien to me, outside of an occasional prick.

Mkang14

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I miss driving at night time. I used to find it cosy and kind of magical doing the bar traffic. Vibing with people who are in the zone as far as going out. I like people who are out to have fun. I can't count the number of times I used to gel with nice pax, we'd often get on like a house on fire. The default experience on here of a-hole riders is pretty alien to me, outside of an occasional prick.
This is another reason I liked the sweet spot on friday nights when people are ready to go out, after work and before getting drunk. Happy, pumped, friendly 😊