What do you like about driving for the big U?

EyesWIDEopen

no, never got anything for free :frown:
Use the force young jedi...
Impregnate the thought into their heads on the way home through a drive through maccas... As if YOU are doing them a favour going out of your way...
Or a six pack of beers on the way to the party or club...
I seriously can't begin to tell you how many maccas and beers I've been offered...

You have the force... SO USE IT...!!!

dontheman

Use the force young jedi...
Impregnate the thought into their heads on the way home through a drive through maccas... As if YOU are doing them a favour going out of your way...
Or a six pack of beers on the way to the party or club...
I seriously can't begin to tell you how many maccas and beers I've been offered...

You have the force... SO USE IT...!!!
actually i've had moments where i fill like a feed and the soonest they mention the word hungry, i'll just jump the gun and say you wanna go to maccas?
And i'll pretend to take out my really ugly coin bag to pay for myself and most of the time they'll just go.
It's alright mate. It's on us.
You'll be surprised the guys that look really immaculate are the really stingy ones and the people that look homeless are the really generous ones.
Actually homeless people are really generous as i've come across a few in my life

Solarman

Next business day cash out in my bank account.
Meeting some very nice people and having great chats. Passes the time so quickly.

Who is John Galt?

Wanna share?..

What do you like about driving for the big U?
Well, this is a timely discussion. :smiles::smiles:

I have been fortunate on several occasions to have been caught in traffic on Goodwood Road Goodwood, heading toward the city whilst waiting for a tram to pass at the Railway terrace intersection. Just 3 or 4 doors south of the tram crossing is 'The Pole Boutique'. Being caught in traffic, looking in on this establishment in the suburb of 'Goodwood' is kind of funny given the connotations. On one occasion, waiting for the tram (hoping perhaps it might break down and delay the traffic for an hour), I caught the eye of a couple of the pole dancers and smiled and they waved and I got out of the car, the next thing the traffic is banked up, then the cops arrived. Those effin' trams. They cause so much disruption. :smiles:

If for some reason, you are not familiar with a pole dancing studio - perhaps you have been in prison for 50 years, or you are from an alternative dimension or something - it is a fun, sexy way to keep fit in a safe friendly environment, and has changed the lives of many, leading to improved overall fitness and self-confidence. Or, so the brochures say. I have spent a deal of time looking into an investment in this type of business, I really feel I have a natural inclination for it. :biggrin:

Pole dancing is a very vigorous exercise and to be perfectly honest, I have tried a couple of routines with a very accommodating instructress instructor in a tiny dress but in the end she insisted that I should do what I do best and she would dance for me. When I say dance for me, I say that with the greatest admiration and respect, as those routines are athletic and skillful and quite frankly absolutely breathtaking and.....:p

Pole dancing is now mainstream, and many homes have their own in-home portable dance pole. It is all about fitness and rewarding your body with constant results.

pole boutique team 2 resized.jpg

Obviously, a lot of strength, fitness and discipline is required to stay away from this lucky lady

It is primarily a female pastime for some reason. No, let me take that back. It is not for just some random reason, it is because it is just the natural order of things. It is like a man buying a slab of beer. That is just the way it is. Many women get involved in pole dancing, for the athleticism, the flexibility gained, the sheer exhilaration of testing and flexing their bodies to the extreme. Oh my......

Give me a breath here......:rolleyes:

Over the past twelve months, I have actually picked up two women from this studio as riders. Both have been fabulous riders, (what am I saying? all my female riders are fabulous) but they were quite content to leave me in the car when we pulled up at their homes. Don't you just hate it, in this day and age, when everybody has a mobile phone they could easily phone ahead and tell their husband to piss off out of the house for an hour or two? I'm not sure if it is laziness or just downright rudeness. Anyway, their loss!

So, here we have pole dancing as perhaps the new netball. Not that you would confuse them of course. One is solo, one is a team sport......hang on....I'm getting an idea here. Settle....settle....

Both afford their participants a fun, exhilarating way to get my attention fit and stay fit. Like many others, I suppose, I lean towards pole dancing, but a little netball skirt will always, always attract my attention. In fact, I am going to state in my last wishes, that instead of my coffin being draped with an Aussie flag, it be draped with a little netball skirt. :p

Tuesday evening just gone. Yes; yesterday evening 8:05pm and I am about to finish up for the afternoon. A request comes up, 2 minutes away. Look at that - 'The Pole Boutique' - Goodwood Road. Shucks, what to do? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

IMG_3695 resized and redacted.jpg

Underneath, I am a gentleman so I have redacted the name, but suffice to say Georgia is on my mind. There was this time, a very real connection. On the way to her place, I told her I was stopping to get us a bottle of wine, she smiled and said "let's get two". It turns out that the pole dancing is her sport, her outlet, her release from her lawyering and she has a pole in her apartment. I cooked us dinner and she danced. She watched me. I watched her. What a delightful babe. :smiles:

The night was long and eventful. We shared a lot. We talked a lot. She was very open and in need of counsel in her chambers.

Late this morning after I left her place, I thought I might try for a destination filter ride on the way home. There was a new message in my compliments.

IMG_3700 resized and redacted.jpg

And I suppose, that is most what I like about "driving for the big Ü".
The ability to reach out and truly touch people and bring meaning to their lives. :smiles:

Last edited:

Genoa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have been fortunate on several occasions to have been caught in traffic on Goodwood Road Goodwood, heading toward the city whilst waiting for a tram to pass at the Railway terrace intersection. Just 3 or 4 doors south of the tram crossing is 'The Pole Boutique'. Being caught in traffic, looking in on this establishment in the suburb of 'Goodwood' is kind of funny given the connotations. On one occasion, waiting for the tram (hoping perhaps it might break down and delay the traffic for an hour), I caught the eye of a couple of the pole dancers and smiled and they waved and I got out of the car, the next thing the traffic is banked up, then the cops arrived. Those effin' trams. They cause so much disruption. :smiles:

If for some reason, you are not familiar with a pole dancing studio - perhaps you have been in prison for 50 years, or you are from an alternative dimension or something - it is a fun, sexy way to keep fit in a safe friendly environment, and has changed the lives of many, leading to improved overall fitness and self-confidence. Or, so the brochures say. I have spent a deal of time looking into an investment in this type of business, I really feel I have a natural inclination for it. :biggrin:

Pole dancing is a very vigorous exercise and to be perfectly honest, I have tried a couple of routines with a very accommodating instructress instructor in a tiny dress but in the end she insisted that I should do what I do best and she would dance for me. When I say dance for me, I say that with the greatest admiration and respect, as those routines are athletic and skillful and quite frankly absolutely breathtaking and.....:p

Pole dancing is now mainstream, and many homes have their own in-home portable dance pole. It is all about fitness and rewarding your body with constant results.

View attachment 157705
Obviously, a lot of strength, fitness and discipline is required to stay away from this lucky lady

It is primarily a female pastime for some reason. No, let me take that back. It is not for just some random reason, it is because it is just the natural order of things. It is like a man buying a slab of beer. That is just the way it is. Many women get involved in pole dancing, for the athleticism, the flexibility gained, the sheer exhilaration of testing and flexing their bodies to the extreme. Oh my......

Over the past twelve months, I have actually picked up two women from this studio as riders. Both have been fabulous riders, (what am I saying? all my female riders are fabulous) but they were quite content to leave me in the car when we pulled up at their homes. Don't you just hate it, in this day and age, when everybody has a mobile phone they could easily phone ahead and tell their husband to piss off out of the house for an hour or two? I'm not sure if it is laziness or just downright rudeness. Anyway, their loss!

So, here we have pole dancing as perhaps the new netball. Not that you would confuse them of course. One is solo, one is a team sport......hang on....I'm getting an idea here. Settle....settle....

Both afford their participants a fun, exhilarating way to get my attention fit and stay fit. Like many others, I suppose, I lean towards pole dancing, but a little netball skirt will always, always attract my attention. In fact, I am going to state in my last wishes, that instead of my coffin being draped with an Aussie flag, it be draped with a little netball skirt. :p

Tuesday evening just gone. Yes; yesterday evening 8:05pm and I am about to finish up for the afternoon. A request comes up, 2 minutes away. Look at that - 'The Pole Boutique' - Goodwood Road. Shucks, what to do? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

View attachment 157712

Underneath, I am a gentleman so I have redacted the name, but suffice to say Georgia is on my mind. There was this time, a very real connection. On the way to her place, I told her I was stopping to get us a bottle of wine, she smiled and said "let's get two". It turns out that the pole dancing is her sport, her outlet, her release from her lawyering and she has a pole in her apartment. I cooked us dinner and she danced. She watched me. I watched her. What a delightful babe. :smiles:

The night was long and eventful. We shared a lot. We talked a lot. She was very open and in need of counsel in her chambers.

Late this morning after I left her place, I thought I might try for a destination filter ride on the way home. There was a new message in my compliments.

View attachment 157713

The ability to reach out and truly touch people and bring meaning to their lives. :smiles:

...I must say, really enjoyed reading this.......almost like a page was torn from 50 shades.... Thanks very much for sharing it.

Hand of God 137

What I love about driving Uber/ride sharing

No alarm clock. I never go home dreading having to get up in the morning or at a particular time.

No commute to work

The Riders (I know I know). Most riders are super. I usually chat to most of them and they time flys by. The occasional bad one isn't really that bad they are just a little rude (though I have had one physical fight with a rider).

The radio. Driving is when you get to listen to the radio. I always choose the stations hehehe, big shout out to 94.5 FBI and 107.3 2SER and 89.7 Eastside radio for keeping me going

Keeping me out of the office

Hand of God 137

Not a thing
Come on Lexkan , there must be one thing

How bout this:

I like driving ride share because it gives me something to beach about.

or

I love driving ride share because I have made heaps of new super cool fwenzies

View attachment 157705

View attachment 157712

View attachment 157713

What the actual F. Yipes..... feel sick

metalpenguin

There are plenty of things to be critical of but some of the things that I see as positives-
Log on and off as you please. More flexibility than pretty much any other job.
Some decent hourly money IF you just work the really busy hours. But luck does play a part.
The tax deductions.
Meet some great people.
Occasional maccas coffee or meal (usually I've already eaten).
The quick and easy payments from uber. Very reliable.

That's all I can think of for now.