What do you have in your car for riders?

I have books.

I get them for free or yard sales for a quarter. I use to say help yourself to a book. Some people would laugh and say, it's a short ride, I can't read that fast. So now I say, if you like to read, please take a book with you.

My riders love it! It really doesn't cost that much to do this and I get good ratings from it.

I don't have gum or snacks because I ended up eating the snacks and the gum just smells up my car. (I am not a gum chewer.) The first time I gave out a piece of gum, the girls with trilled with it and thanked me. Then I had to listen to her chew. Ugh!

Anywho, I'm thinking of having water also.

RJA

I have water, but very few riders take advantage. I make sure to offer it to them and I've had a number of people thank me for the offer, but not drink it. I was able to buy the bottled water cheaply at a local grocery store so it only costs me about 12 cents a bottle.

Gung-Ho

I keep a tray of warm hors d'oeuvres and a cold plate with crudite and various dips. For beverage sparkling water flavored of course. On week day evenings I hire a tiny jazz combo they fit on my dash for live entertainment. For the younger crowd I installed a dance floor in the back of my car with a strobe lightning disco ball. As parting gifts when the ride is over I pass out tickets to various sporting events and concerts. Nothing to good for my pax.

Oscar Levant

I have books.

I get them for free or yard sales for a quarter. I use to say help yourself to a book. Some people would laugh and say, it's a short ride, I can't read that fast. So now I say, if you like to read, please take a book with you.

My riders love it! It really doesn't cost that much to do this and I get good ratings from it.

I don't have gum or snacks because I ended up eating the snacks and the gum just smells up my car. (I am not a gum chewer.) The first time I gave out a piece of gum, the girls with trilled with it and thanked me. Then I had to listen to her chew. Ugh!

Anywho, I'm thinking of having water also.

I carry water most of the time. I have mints stocked, but rarely get asked for it. Tissue, sometimes girls ask for one.
I also have an extra Iphone chord.

Books? That's strange, but if it works for you, go for it. It just sounds like something that would take up space and I don't like that.

lyft_audi

I used to carry about 5-6 little half bottles of water, but now I only carry 2 at a time... I always forget to offer them, so I just keep having to take them in and out of the house.

I only offer if I over hear someone say they are thirsty... Or if something reminds me of it. Most people decline anyways.

I also have a multi-port fast car charger and cables in the car for phones. I had a couple people use it before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I carry water most of the time. I have mints stocked, but rarely get asked for it. Tissue, sometimes girls ask for one.
I also have an extra Iphone chord.

Books? That's strange, but if it works for you, go for it. It just sounds like something that would take up space and I don't like that.
Doesn't take up much space at all. I'm size of a novel is me before inches in width. I found the perfect size bin at a dollar store and it holds about eight books.

Squirming Like A Toad

What kind of books? Some of those paperbacks, you had better pre-screen.

Bursting with passion, unable to control himself Fabio reached over to the driver from the back seat and put his hand over her mouth.

"Just slow down, and pull into that clearing" he hissed. She nodded in compliance, the frightened tears streaming down her cheek now matched by the dampness stirring in her loins as his anxious fingers parted her lips and teeth...

UberLaLa

I used to do water when I first started driving. Some passengers don't like that it isn't those little 6oz bottles. Others might not like the brand. Most will leave them half empty in the cup holders in my back doors. On a busy day/night I might not notice such and next customer goes to open it and eeeeeew. Stopped giving water, ratings went up. The less choices passengers have, the less they have to complain about. With the hot summer here, I do keep a bottle or two up front in case someone asks and is dehydrated or something.

htboston

I have a median-sized metal pipe for any riders in case they wanna be violent or disrespect. I also have a 3-inch pocket knife for protection especially since I drive in the city filled with drunks and idiots.

Last edited:

MikesUber

I keep a tray of warm hors d'oeuvres and a cold plate with crudite and various dips. For beverage sparkling water flavored of course. On week day evenings I hire a tiny jazz combo they fit on my dash for live entertainment. For the younger crowd I installed a dance floor in the back of my car with a strobe lightning disco ball. As parting gifts when the ride is over I pass out tickets to various sporting events and concerts. Nothing to good for my pax.
1-star: Driver offered Fiji water which is a little odd because I exclusively drink Voss. The hors d'oeuvres were lackluster and were missing creativity and plate presentation. The jazz combo was a nice touch but the trumpet soloist was a touch flat on his 5th bar B#. Disappointing overall ride as our driver didn't have as many amenities as past drivers.

What kind of books? Some of those paperbacks, you had better pre-screen.

Bursting with passion, unable to control himself Fabio reached over to the driver from the back seat and put his hand over her mouth.

"Just slow down, and pull into that clearing" he hissed. She nodded in compliance, the frightened tears streaming down her cheek now matched by the dampness stirring in her loins as his anxious fingers parted her lips and teeth...
Dude lol come on