What Do You Hate Most About Uber as a Driver?

What Do you Hate Most About Uber?

• Total voters

UberReallySucks

In the recent history of the world, there hasn't been a Company more ethically challenged than Uber, or more hated by the very workforce that allows it to exist.

I believe the views of the members on this forum reflect the overall feeling around the world of all Uber Drivers... It's always interesting to see the same exact concerns, and gripes from all over the US coast-to coast as well as from Europe, Asia, or Australia.

So, please take a minute or 2 and pick your top 3 choices of what you hate most about driving on the Uber platform.

Uber is scraping the bottom of the barrel right now in luring in more and more drivers to join the platform but keeping them on the road is an entirely different story. Sooner or later, they will come to realize that the only way they can keep existing is by taking better care of the drivers they already have instead of continuing to recruit a new army every week .

In the hope that the Uber Monitors on this forum take your message to heart and possibly pave the way for better changes to come for the working conditions of drivers around the world.

Things as they are right now can only be prolonged for a while longer, but in no way can they be sustained in the long run.

Last edited:

diemos3211

Low rates underlie pretty much all of my problems (except Pool, where the prospect of having to arbitrate between two sets of strangers is on it's face a terrible idea greatly exacerbated by low rates). When I drove a taxi I never minded short trips, because the rates were high enough to make it possible to do alright even if I had nothing but short trips. Likewise I didn't mind making stops and waiting for people, because the rate I got paid for wait time was sufficient to make it worth my while. Deadheading back to town wasn't a big deal, because I had been paid a decent rate to go out in the first place. I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about Uber, and much more willing to overlook their other foibles, if they raised rates to be about 30% under taxi rates and let me opt out of Pool.

MattyMikey

In the history of the world, there hasn't been a Company more ethically challenged than Uber, or more hated by the very workforce that allows it to exist.

I believe the views of the members on this forum reflect the overall feeling around the world of all Uber Drivers... It's always interesting to see the same exact concerns, and gripes from all over the US coast-to coast as well as from Europe, Asia, or Australia.

So, please take a minute or 2 and pick your top 3 choices of what you hate most about driving on the Uber platform.

Uber is scraping the bottom of the barrel right now in luring in more and more drivers to join the platform but keeping them on the road is an entirely different story. Sooner or later, they will come to realize that the only way they can keep existing is by taking better care of the drivers they already have instead of continuing to recruit a new army every week .

In the hope that the Uber Monitors on this forum take your message to heart and possibly pave the way for better changes to come for the working conditions of drivers around the world.

Things as they are right now can only be prolonged for while longer, but in no way can they be sustained in the long run.
Well since you did not have the top two I would select I did pick the next best three. I would suggest adding:

1) Travis
2) Lack of in app tipping

UberReallySucks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well since you did not have the top two I would select I did pick the next best three. I would suggest adding:

1) Travis
2) Lack of in app tipping
Excellent points... Poll doesn't allow for editing on this forum though.

I'd change

# 2: Short trips - no in App. Tips
# 9: TK's leadership style and Lack of Support - Automated replies

Here's that quote you like so much :smiles:

1 leOIsUSnRP42HW8NkXyPZw.png

MattyMikey

Excellent points... Poll doesn't allow for editing on this forum though.

I'd change

# 2: Short trips - no in App. Tips
# 9: TK's leadership style and Lack of Support - Automated replies

Here's that quote you like so much :smiles:

View attachment 46916
I believe you can edit the poll and add options you just can't remove selections or change them. I tend to remember having that option on a poll I did. Maybe Another Uber Driver could chime in.

And yes, I love that quote you provided! :wink:

Oscar Levant

In the recent history of the world, there hasn't been a Company more ethically challenged than Uber, or more hated by the very workforce that allows it to exist.

Things as they are right now can only be prolonged for a while longer, but in no way can they be sustained in the long run.
These are my general complaints.

1. Rideshare rates are too low ( which is why I quit, and switched to UberBlack/SUV --- here I'm fine with the rates ).
The big reason is there is not enough profit to compensate driver for use of car.

2. No telephone office capability --- all Taxis have this, why not Uber? We're all alone out there, sometimes, it's nice to get to
know office people, build a repoire with them, you feel like part of a community then. This is what I miss about taxi biz. We had two way radios, could pick up the mike and call the office, whenever there was a situation that required it.

3. Sometimes a passenger asks me if I could call another uber. Uber should fix the app to allow a rider to call more than one car, if more than one is needed, and sometimes they are needed.

4. All taxi services have "time calls" ( reservations, airport for the next morning ) why not Uber?

5. Rideshare drivers are not covered by company insurance ( worker's comp ) and vehicle is not covered ( I think, if not, ignore this one ).

6. The rating system is demoralizing when ratings are given unjustly. Uber says "it all everages out", fine, but it's still demoralizing. Get rid of the rating system and replace with smiley system, or get rid of rating system all together, and deactivate when there are too many comlaints. Send out surveys, like almost all companies do these days. What I hate is telling riders they can't drink in my car, or they can't get too rowdy, or quit being rude ( mostly with drunks ) and fearing they will give me a low rating because of it. It's demoralizing.

7. Forcing drivers to take UberPool. They didn't have it when I quit, and I will NEVER do UberX as long as they are forcing drivers to do UberPool ( My car is not a bus ).

8. If driver emails office about bad experience with pax, the rider rating should not go against driver rating average.

9. Uber should always give drivers the benefit of the doubt, if they have a decent average rating, and have been on the job a fair amount of time,
in other words, no automatic deactivation without allowing a driver to defend him or her self, i.e, have a hearing before any activation ( unless, of course, driver was driving drunk, or something serious like that ).

10, the IPhone navigation mode should have a night mode, like almost all GPS. Mine is way too bright ( which is why I switched to Android, which allows me to use google maps, which has a night mode, as does Waze ). But, I'd rather use the Iphone, if it had a night mode.