Uber Drivers Forum banner

What do you guys use to find surge?

593 views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  eazycc 
#1 ·
The Uber app seems to have a huge lag

#12 ·
Basically,y question is, do you guys use another app for the ever-dissapearing surge?
Stop trying to chase the surge. Just try to start in a location where/when surges happen. After that, forget about it. If you get a surge, great. If you don't, maybe you will next time. More important is just keeping paying passengers in your car as much time as possible.

#17 ·
But these guys all believe the surge is there just for them. They say "Im over here, so Uber puts surge over there. Then I go over there, & Uber puts the surge over here." & they never stop to think "wait, there 1000s of drivers, how could Uber run the surge just to screw with me, & why would Uber want me over there, then when I get over there, they then want me over here, so they move the surge again? It's almost like most of the forum people aren't that bright. It's the kind of thinking that leads to superstition & god belief.

#18 ·
When you're online and close the app there's that little blue balls bubble. Push that. It refreshes the surge.

Open all your apps and then close uber and then click the blue bubble and it refreshes...if that makes any sense. I do it about 100 tiiiiimes every time I drive because they purposely want to keep it vague.

#19 ·
This is true, tho u don'tneed to open all yr apps. Just swipe out the Uber app. Or if ur offline, so no blue bubble, still swiping out & reopening the app refreshes it. Like when the surge amounts have changed, & u see new dollar amounts but the red is still leftover from the previous state. Re-opening works. It also gets rid of those little grey partial route lines leftover from yr prev trip. If those annoy u.

U can also zoom all the way in to see dollar amounts throughout the red, not just the central highest one.

& an aside: for all yews thinking Uber has time to monitor the 1000s in the city & trick u with yr own personal surge, like they want u to go elsewhere just to want u back again, during the last 5 years, every time that I've looked inside another Uber car, their map looked just like mine. That wouldn't even be an efficient way for the system to function anyways.

Read about Skinner's experiments with superstition in pigeons. You'll gain some insight into yr own thinking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.