1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What do you guys think about these Tipping Signs?

Discussion in 'Tips' started by Kon1992, Nov 27, 2016.

1. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    If it's significant and you have proof, they may reimburse and charge the account. I have yet to see any confirmation to that affect here on the forums nor would like to test this first hand. Most pax know they're linked to the ride via credit card. The only ones that would rob you would be bystanders that approach your car from the streets or someone who is using a stolen credit card.

Insurance for sure won't reimburse you, that's not really an insurance liability.

Tip jar I'm 100% on board on, I wouldn't put it in my car as I like to keep a tight and clean look but have no problem with the concept of it. Candy, not a fan of. Any level of consumables is too much especially for X rates.

The mechanic is charging plenty for their services, they make solid margins and most of it will be labor. The Doctor is absolutely making even more than the mechanic! And a Bank? Come on! Those guys can literally PRINT money thanks to the Fractional Reserve Banking system... All of those examples are making significantly more than an Uber X driver so a few extra amenities is nothing to their bottom line.

If you believe it benefits you, feel free to continue. I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise...

Shangsta likes this.
  2. DrivingZiggy

DrivingZiggy Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hmmmmmmmmm. Looks like this broke Uber driver is getting the 75% off deal at the nail salon! :D I keeeeeeeed! I keed!

3. UberwithDan

UberwithDan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  4. LevittownPa

LevittownPa Active Member

I like it and the placement. I can't read the smaller print however. Do the streetlights shed any light?

5. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    That's the problem. In person it's easier to read for sure, photos doesn't do it justice, but the darkness even with streetlights makes it more difficult.

Small text reads "No Cash? No Problem! Vehicle is Equipped with Card Reader by Square.

I've thought of a way to make the sign light up. I've bought the components online and should be receiving them soon. We'll see if it works as I invisioned it, if it does I'll do a write up in case others want to follow suit.

LevittownPa likes this.

6. LevittownPa

LevittownPa Active Member

Cool, thx

7. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

You are adorable. Seriously. Keep at it.

crimson.snwbnny likes this.
  8. AintWorthIt

AintWorthIt Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  9. Peanut hello

Peanut hello Active Member

To me it looks like a more modernized panhandler.I drive a cab I will be too embarrassed to have a sign like that. or even ask a customer for tip...

10. Blackout 702

And if I drove a cab I'd be embarrassed driving a dirty beater covered in stickers with a big ad on top for a strip club. I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

HereComesTrouble and AintWorthIt like this.
  11. Peanut hello

No man , my cab is clean. we were talking about Tips....

12. Blackout 702

Actually you were talking about what you'd be embarrassed by. I did the same in response.

13. Flying16150

Flying16150 Active Member

Ive used a sign for tips from day one and have never had to use my regular earnings to pay for gas. I also make it even more convenient by haveing a square account for the cashless customers. Not only do my tips pay for gas but they have paid for haveing my alternator replacement. Are tips needed to Uber? Hell yes

14. AintWorthIt

AintWorthIt Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    These guys who say don't use a tip sign crack me up. You're using your own vehicle, tires, fuel at 1980 cab rates, grow up.

15. Baltogok

Baltogok New Member

I know for a fact that pizza delivery drivers typically make more if you are working a decent store. I have managed and owned pizza delivery places and we could run 4-8 deliveries per hour making an $4 avg. tip. The stores would give 0.75c-$1 of the delivery fee to the driver as well as regular minimum wage since they are required to clean and help make food when possible.

16. UberJoe427

UberJoe427 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Since i put up signs in backseat my tips have increased more than double.

17. SoiCowboy

SoiCowboy Active Member

Can I get a link for the lights from eBay?

18. steveK2016

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  19. Peanut hello

Gas is cheaper now, I filled up this morning at $1.97/gallon.so if you drive a Ford c max . you ride almost for free...

20. crazytown

crazytown Well-Known Member

Mine has paid off well but some pax get offended and report you , solicitation of money