What do you do when the rider puts the wrong address?

Who35

I have had several riders put their destination as the pick up location? Do you pick them up and start the trip from the destination and pick them up or do you cancel and let them request another Uber?

grayspinner

If the correct address is very close to the pin, I will go get them - especially if it is a lyft request and/or it will be a decent length trip.

If they are a good bit away from the pin drop, especially if they put their destination as their pickup (because no matter what, that is twice the mileage for your earnings & not worth it), I tell them they need to cancel and re-request.

LAuberX

before the car moves I verify the destination. If it's wrong I re-enter it before the car moves.... not while the wheels are turning.

simple.

Yeah if its not that far away, just go pick em up then start the trip from there or you risk a bad rating! If they are more than say 3-5 miles away or 5 minutes, cancel the trip for wrong address shown.

Funky Dung

before the car moves I verify the destination. If it's wrong I re-enter it before the car moves.... not while the wheels are turning.

simple.
I think you read the original post wrong.

I've had this happen once, went to the house address and it turns out she's at Walmart needing a ride to that address. I went to Walmart, started the fare, and something popped up asking if I forgot to start the fare. I guess I chose the wrong option because after the trip, it had the fare running from the house to Walmart, and back to the house. I emailed Uber telling them what happened, but it was never fixed.

Disgusted Driver

If it's close and by close I mean just a few blocks away, I'll get them unless they cop an attitude on the phone (which means it can only go downhill from there. Otherwise I tell them they need to cancel. The reason is that if they cancel, I get a cancellation fee if it's over 5 minutes (I usually don't call till I'm 5 minutes into the call because of this) and it doesn't count against me. Otherwise I sit and wait 5 to cancel as no show and collect. You have got to get paid!!!!! No driving free miles, bad enough you are driving at X rates as it is.