1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What do pax mean by “drive safe”

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Sunjayford, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Sunjayford

Sunjayford

At the end of some rides the pax says ‘thanks, drive safe’. Are they saying that cause they feel I didn’t drive safely or just to wish me a safe journey?

reg barclay likes this.
  2. As soon as a passenger leaves the car forget them, they’re all full of crappola

3. Same reason they might say "Have a nice day" and not mean you weren't having a nice day.

SHRPR, mrpjfresh, Rakos and 8 others like this.
  4. goneubering

goneubering

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes. Just common courtesy.

SHRPR, Rakos, Christinebitg and 7 others like this.
  5. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston

Drive “safely”

JohnnyBravo836 likes this.
  6. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    I've had a hundred pax tell me to "drive safe" and I never thought twice about.

Rakos, goneubering and Pax Collector like this.
  7. jjub40

jjub40

It’s better than saying “ I’ll tip you in the app”.

8. T&W

T&W

Did you ever have friends or family visit and wish them a safe trip home? Same intent.

Uber Crack and Pax Collector like this.
  9. What's this world coming to when people don't understand the difference between adjectives and adverbs??? ;)

10. Both

Uber Crack and Pax Collector like this.
  11. Dan2miletripguy

Dan2miletripguy

Driving:
    UberX
    You clearly scared them soooo badly that they prolly soiled their shorts! :-O

lolz.... actually I have wondered about this myself but this generally occurs when the
    traffic is really nasty like at rush hour and after having a nice convo during the ride,
    I think they are just wishing me the best out in a dangerous world. I hope that's it, anyway.

Rakos likes this.
  12. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    I like to smoke my tires and yell 'Smell Ya Later' as I peel off into the sunset.....but thats just me.

13. Dan2miletripguy

Dan2miletripguy

Driving:
    UberX
    Speaking of.... I am super aware as I am driving the pax and I really focus and incorporate defensive driving into the mix. I really take pride in doing this gig well even if it does kinda suck A LOT. lol With that said, I have made some mistakes which I know caused fear in the pax and on those occasions I apologized but I did not give an excuse like I was tired or anything. Mistakes happen....oh well...but.. Did you die??? lol

Rakos likes this.
  14. I tell passengers as soon as they get into the car that I’m a student driver.

OzzyOzuber and Dan2miletripguy like this.
  15. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't wanna read too much into it either, but IIRC I had two occasions where millenials told me 'drive safe' as they left my car. Then afterwards took a rating hit. Could be coincidence, but still.

Rakos likes this.
  16. Gilby

Gilby

Driving:
    UberX
    When they tell me "Drive safe," I usually reply, "Ah, don't take all the fun out of it."

17. What about if someone says, "don't be an *******"? Does that mean that they think the person was being ok?

Cableguynoe and reg barclay like this.
  18. Their next sentence would be from the curb they'll be left at. Gotta live up to my name, right?

19. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing!

Safe journey! I always appreciate it! Especially on these snowy, icy days.

Christinebitg and Uber Crack like this.
  20. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    That's the politically correct way to say, "What a loser."