• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What do pax mean by “drive safe”

Sunjayford

At the end of some rides the pax says ‘thanks, drive safe’. Are they saying that cause they feel I didn’t drive safely or just to wish me a safe journey?

Dan2miletripguy

You clearly scared them soooo badly that they prolly soiled their shorts! :-O

lolz.... actually I have wondered about this myself but this generally occurs when the
traffic is really nasty like at rush hour and after having a nice convo during the ride,
I think they are just wishing me the best out in a dangerous world. I hope that's it, anyway.

Dan2miletripguy

Speaking of.... I am super aware as I am driving the pax and I really focus and incorporate defensive driving into the mix. I really take pride in doing this gig well even if it does kinda suck A LOT. lol With that said, I have made some mistakes which I know caused fear in the pax and on those occasions I apologized but I did not give an excuse like I was tired or anything. Mistakes happen....oh well...but.. Did you die??? lol

reg barclay

I don't wanna read too much into it either, but IIRC I had two occasions where millenials told me 'drive safe' as they left my car. Then afterwards took a rating hit. Could be coincidence, but still.