What day is the busiest day of the year?

DontGoToPaterson

Been driving for about 6 weeks now. Best day for me was the wrestlemania fiasco, had a 5x surge to New York made 100 bucks off a 25 min trip.

What are Thanksgiving, xmas, and new year's like? Surges all day x3? Any events in the summer ?

TheCoach

For me is new year eve. But not anymore! January 2017 surge hit x6 for 4 or 5 hours!
January 2018 was x4.8 for 3 hours!
Last January, maximum surge was x3.3 in Hudson county and lasted from midnight to 2 am then stayed between x2 and x2.8 for the rest of the night.

Fernando-R

Been driving for about 6 weeks now. Best day for me was the wrestlemania fiasco, had a 5x surge to New York made 100 bucks off a 25 min trip.

What are Thanksgiving, xmas, and new year's like? Surges all day x3? Any events in the summer ?
All three are good... if I have to choose for me it will be NYE..... it surges all night with the exception of when midnight is approaching because around that time no one moves until midnight pass.... but then by 1 AM it jumps back again.... this past NYE I made $840 and at that point I had been doing rideshare only for 1 1/2 months so basically no experience at all, I probably got lucky, I don’t know.
Christmas and Thanksgiving I stayed home but I opened app every now and then and it was surging pretty good throughout the State.
I’ll tell you one more.... during the month of Ramadan at specific times when Muslims traditionally go home to brake fasting if you are not of Muslim Faith you can make some good money too and that is a whole month but only during a precise time of the day. I’ll let you research that on your own.

ibeam23

Thanksgiving Eve has always been a money maker. Usually pretty consistent high surge as the 21-30 crowd is home for the holiday and ready to create that Thanksgiving morning hangover. But hands down NYE is the super bowl of rideshare.

njn

NJ Transit failures.

State of emergencies.

Concerts that run late after the last train.

The Hunt.

Buck Man

For me is new year eve. But not anymore! January 2017 surge hit x6 for 4 or 5 hours!
January 2018 was x4.8 for 3 hours!
Last January, maximum surge was x3.3 in Hudson county and lasted from midnight to 2 am then stayed between x2 and x2.8 for the rest of the night.
Christmas eve, Christmas night. No drivers. Whole state is red.

Uber burn in hell

Between Jan 1st to Dec 31st seems to be the busiest. There are odd days here and there but for most part those are the days.