1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What can uber do to make things better

Discussion in 'Miami' started by Uber315, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Uber315

Uber315

Ok excluding the obvious
    1 Tipping Option
    2 Rates

What are the things you feel Would make Uber Driving More worthwhile for the drivers. For once I want to end the Year with solutions and not just whining . If someone see a problem , Please mention it and follow it with a SOLUTION!!!

Together we can get some change but by only whining with out offering a solution then there is no hope!

Xxx sucker likes this.
  2. Uber315

Uber315

I'll start it off

Problem ,We waste to much time waiting for riders .

Solution , Change it so that the riders start to get charged Upon arrivals

3. ABC123DEF

ABC123DEF

Driving:
    UberX
    - Make car age requirement 2007 and newer in ALL markets starting on January 1, 2017
    - Raise minimum driver age requirement to 25 years old
    - Allow passengers to choose favorite available drivers from within a mile range that drivers set
    - Allow destination filter in ALL markets
    - Stop changing the Uber passenger phone/text number

NtroP, Nenee, Xxx sucker and 2 others like this.
  4. Uber315

Uber315

I kind of see solutions but I don't see the problems on some of them. We need the problems stated and then the solution

Xxx sucker likes this.
  5. Do tell

Do tell

1. Raise the rates to at least $1.50 a mile in all markets.
    2. Add tipping option in the app.
    3.lol

python134r and Xxx sucker like this.
  6. ABC123DEF

ABC123DEF

Driving:
    UberX
    I thought you asked for suggestions of things that Uber could do to make the platform more worthwhile for drivers. Forget I said anything.

Wombat7, Xxx sucker and Uber315 like this.
  7. Uber315

Uber315

No way can not forget them but since uber might not see the problem , we need to spell it out for them!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
    Xxx sucker likes this.
  8. ABC123DEF

ABC123DEF

Driving:
    UberX
    As if they really care?

d0n and Xxx sucker like this.
  9. Uber315

Uber315

For once end the year with faith!

Xxx sucker likes this.
  10. YorkieLover

YorkieLover

Driving:
    UberX
    Problem: passenger's Final destination that uber hide to drivers,it's a safety issue that many passengers face since the driver might be fatigued and drowsy and then the very last ping the driver has to go far away without it knowing its final destination putting at risk not only the passenger and the drivers life, but also the public sharing the road.
    Also many drivers get bored and fall asleep in the wheel while driving long distances.(not only senior drivers)
    Solution: create a board of ride requests and show drivers how far to pickup and how far to destination,not exact address to avoid not picking up in the Less fortunate neighborhoods,but to allow drivers to Cherry pick their rides just so whoever doesn't like to drive long distances doesn't have to.

flipmoney, Ojuice, Xxx sucker and 3 others like this.
  11. Uber315

Uber315

Totally agree with rider destination masking. It is a clear example that we are employees and not independent contractors.

python134r, Xxx sucker and silka like this.
  12. frank33062

frank33062

Obviously you care, but the problem is the company that we don't even work for does not care about the drivers it doesn't have. The only solution is to go on strike. In Tampa when their rates were low, the drivers would shut off their apps until it surged. I was sitting at the ritz and got a pool ping for the ritz, I didn't accept and a few minutes later a BMW pulls in. I get out and ask the guy, why would you accept a pool fools in a BMW to boot. He was a Haitian with a white shirt aND tie on. If we can't unite there is no solution.

13. ABC123DEF

ABC123DEF

Driving:
    UberX
    I once had faith in Uber in 2014. They've had plenty of opportunities to run a reputable business. I'm no sheep.

python134r and Xxx sucker like this.
  14. Basmati

Basmati

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Problem: Often times wait hours for an XL / Lux ping.

Solution: STOP on boarding new drivers. Put a cap for the number of drivers on each platform.

15. ZZY

ZZY

Keep hiring any X driver who will sign up. I've heard lots of horror stories from my passengers and have 3 of my own out of the last 5 trips as a passenger. My Lux passengers tell me they tried X but will never X again.

Xxx sucker likes this.
  16. mick511

mick511

Allow the right to bare arms! Too much violence lately! We're the perfect set up for car jackers! Now that the news announced that we cannot have guns! We're are cherrys waiting to be picked! RAISE THE FARES! Stop the pools!

flipmoney, Xxx sucker, Adav and 2 others like this.
  17. Gubber Singh

Gubber Singh

Driving:
    UberX
    Problem: with the destination filter on, sometimes I end up with round trip requests.

Solution: round trip requests should be announced upfront.

Xxx sucker likes this.
  18. You guys realize this is an excercise in futility, don't you?

You got yourself involved with a predatory company with no regard for the law
    or the very people it claims to benefit.

This global Ponzi scheme is not designed to last. Those at the top will suck every dime out and bail.

The only way to make positive changes with this outfit is to dig deeper into your
    pockets and give regulators fatter payoffs than Uber does.

Travis, his lieutenants and politicians. They make the dough. You suck wind.

flipmoney and Xxx sucker like this.
  19. EagleEye

EagleEye

Whenever I get a rider who wants to go elsewhere, I always tell them I can only drop them off at their original location and I explain to them about the destination filter. Had to do this 4-5 times and never had an issue so far.

Xxx sucker likes this.
  20. Gubber Singh

Gubber Singh

Driving:
    UberX
    Wait till you have a nasty rider. I had once. She threatened with a bad rating and a bad review, and said that she will report me to Uber. I asked her to call uber's toll free complain line. LOL