• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What can an Uber SUV driver expect to gross in San Diego? Full time driving. 8/26/2016

Shane San Diego

I drove uberx in San Diego in 2014 and grossed about 3000 to 3500 a month. I think the rates have come down considerably and I was working 7 days a week back then.

JoeChargersfan

I make 3000 to 3500 a month doing X and XL full time. Working 5 or 6 days. Some days are better than others of course.

Frankcity Hooligans 1899

Hey Joe, what does full time mean how many hours a week and usually what time of day are you out working and are those numbers before expenses or after? Was your minthly amount higher before the ants came out?

JoeChargersfan

Hey Joe, what does full time mean how many hours a week and usually what time of day are you out working and are those numbers before expenses or after? Was your minthly amount higher before the ants came out?
Putting in 40 to 50hours a week. Before the ants all over i made at least 1250 to 1500 a week. Now im only making 750 a week but only work 40 hours tops because i like to have a life. I dont drive around either buring gas and adding empty miles but pull over and park somewhere. Spend 100 in gas a week.

Shane San Diego

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for your response Joe. That's around what I made doing X back in 2014. I'm wondering what Uber SUV earns. Not X or XL. Uber SUV rates are much higher. Does anybody drive Uber SUV? There are partner companies that claim you can earn 3000 a week driving SUV.

CrazyTaxi

SUV guys are doing lots of complaining right now, lots of sitting around. It doesn't look like a good time to make the switch. If it gets better, sure, but for now it's probably best to stick with what you know.

JoeChargersfan

To be able to do uberSUV you need a TPC number which is 1000-1500, commerical insurance with 1million min bond, and airport permit.
They are like a taxi driver, waiting all day for a call. Do you like to read, make quilts, or enjoy making crafts? You will need to do something during the hours of downtime.

Shane San Diego

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
SUV guys are doing lots of complaining right now, lots of sitting around. It doesn't look like a good time to make the switch. If it gets better, sure, but for now it's probably best to stick with what you know.
How could it get better? Drivers quit driving? Uber raises their rates?