Inshur

What benefit is Uber to London?

John John

The main benefit is Uber winds up taxi drivers to the point they come onto Uber forums and become regulars spouting their nonsense.

Other benefit is that they have thousands of drivers buying new cars (taxed), filling it up with fuel (taxed), buying insurance (taxed), making a profit albeit small (taxed as its not done like black cabs cash only lol). And generally all the other things that drivers do that are taxed which is all beneficial for the economy.

Spy & Mash

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The main benefit is Uber winds up taxi drivers to the point they come onto Uber forums and become regulars spouting their nonsense.

Other benefit is that they have thousands of drivers buying new cars (taxed), filling it up with fuel (taxed), buying insurance (taxed), making a profit albeit small (taxed as its not done like black cabs cash only lol). And generally all the other things that drivers do that are taxed which is all beneficial for the economy.
Exactly gridlocking London.
Clive your always on the 'offensive' - relax fella!
You seem to be infatuated with taxes and associating non payment of taxes with taxi drivers. Non payment of taxes is a criminal offence and if all taxi drivers were 'tax dodgers' there would be none us on the streets.
Just because this forum is labelled an 'Uber forum' does not mean it is exclusive- with the clue in the word 'forum'.
Hope you wake up in a better mood tomorrow Clive.

John John

You seem to be infatuated with taxes and associating non payment of taxes with taxi drivers. Non payment of taxes is a criminal offence and if all taxi drivers were 'tax dodgers' there would be none us on the streets.
Just because this forum is labelled an 'Uber forum' does not mean it is exclusive- with the clue in the word 'forum'.
Im always in a good mood Pie.

It says Uber people actually not forum. So dont think its for Uber hating people like yourself.

And you can deny that taxi drivers aint tax dodgers all you want, i know they are, you know they are, and the general public have also sussed u lot out from ur "cash only" signs.

Many black cabbies will admit in private that they dont declare all the cash that they make.

Also, they claim they dont take card because they get charged a fee and it takes a few days to receive payment. Neither of those should be a problem since ur fares are fair. 2% on a decent fare is not much for example. And since you lot earn so much cash, you shouldnt have a problem waiting a week for money from card payments. So we all know these are BS excuses.

And yes its a criminal offence, but not all criminals get caught.

John John

And by the way, i gave you four positives of Uber, u clutched onto the one that mentioned black cabs. Why so defensive Pie? Relax lol.

Swifty126

Tax drivers being tax dodgers is probably not all true in all cases
I've been a PH driver for many years and before uber came and shat on the table,all jobs were cash and I did pay tax,you have to declare earning minus your expenses any profit over £10000 is taxable NI is paid at at £2.50 a week voluntary contribution

Ubend R.S.

i'm not getting into this other than to say you should be claiming that V.A.T. back mate.

Spy & Mash

And by the way, i gave you four positives of Uber, u clutched onto the one that mentioned black cabs. Why so defensive Pie? Relax lol.
Four positives that equate to gridlocking London. Great.
Cash only signs have gone- have 'nt seen one in ages or do you just see what you want to see. I have always accepted credit cards as credit cards usually mean nice long journeys and payouts.
Did you notice on the Tracmyride thread how many drivers took up his offer?
The guy is so desperate for 'honest' Uber drivers that he needs to add a comment every other day to keep it in the spotlight at the top of the menu page.
Or did you conveniently miss that with your 'blinkered' eyes Clive?
Why don't you sign up with Tracmyride and you could keep us up to speed with how things are going?
Go on prove us wrong.

UberLuxbod

Im always in a good mood Pie.

It says Uber people actually not forum. So dont think its for Uber hating people like yourself.

And you can deny that taxi drivers aint tax dodgers all you want, i know they are, you know they are, and the general public have also sussed u lot out from ur "cash only" signs.

Many black cabbies will admit in private that they dont declare all the cash that they make.

Also, they claim they dont take card because they get charged a fee and it takes a few days to receive payment. Neither of those should be a problem since ur fares are fair. 2% on a decent fare is not much for example. And since you lot earn so much cash, you shouldnt have a problem waiting a week for money from card payments. So we all know these are BS excuses.

And yes its a criminal offence, but not all criminals get caught.

Lol.

You stick to that story about Black Cabs and tax.

And the other one about the fee on card transactions.

Many were happy enough to get the free meter but still don't want to take cards!

Is that fraud? Or deception?

And before you get all high and mightly you best realise that some of us know Taxi drivers.

The Inland Revenue knows how much a Taxi driver can make, if Taxi drivers continually bleat on about Ph drivers and benefits then PH drivers (and ex PH drivers) with simply hit back with tax evasion by Cabbies.

I personally don't really care.

But a PH driver/Courier/Cabby pays plenty into the coffers of the U.K. via the tax they pay from vehicle purchasing, RFL, Insurance, servicing, repairs and the big one, fuel.

So push come to shove the average self employed driver pays plenty regardless of actually declaring their income properly.

John John

Bet thats what you tell H.M.R.C.
Yes, part time Uber, part time cash only at the local firm :wink:

P.S Don't forget to give the authorities your N.I number.
They didnt give me NI number when I came over on the boat from Bulgaria.

Lol.

You stick to that story about Black Cabs and tax.

And the other one about the fee on card transactions.

Many were happy enough to get the free meter but still don't want to take cards!

Is that fraud? Or deception?

And before you get all high and mightly you best realise that some of us know Taxi drivers.

The Inland Revenue knows how much a Taxi driver can make, if Taxi drivers continually bleat on about Ph drivers and benefits then PH drivers (and ex PH drivers) with simply hit back with tax evasion by Cabbies.

I personally don't really care.

But a PH driver/Courier/Cabby pays plenty into the coffers of the U.K. via the tax they pay from vehicle purchasing, RFL, Insurance, servicing, repairs and the big one, fuel.

So push come to shove the average self employed driver pays plenty regardless of actually declaring their income properly.
Not sure which side of the fence you are on mate but same here, I personally dont really care either. But like u said, tired of being called benefit scrounger etc.

John John

Cash only signs have gone- have 'nt seen one in ages or do you just see what you want to see. I have always accepted credit cards as credit cards usually mean nice long journeys and payouts.
Open your eyes. Plenty of cabs still have cash only signs.

You accepting credit cards is one in a hundred. Try standing by the side of the road and getting a taxi that will take cards, its still very difficult.

UberLuxbod

Not sure which side of the fence you are on mate but same here, I personally dont really care either. But like u said, tired of being called benefit scrounger etc.
I don't really have a side, just an opinion.

I know couriers that know London aswell if not better than Cabbies.

I know PH drivers who are ex couriers that have lived in Central London their entire life and have the same level of knowledge.

I also know several Chauffeurs that would have no real issue with the KoL, but they have no intention of doing it as they couldn't deal with the drop in wages and dislike picking up pissheads and randoms.

I know Cabbies that are professional and hard working that would excel in any job.

I know Cabbies that are as thick as two short planks.

I don't know many PH drivers that can't find anywhere without SatNav, though they definitely exist and shouldn't.

I know a Chauffeur that has been driving around HNWI for over a year without a PH Lic, and recently run his Company into administration but managed to keep going and keep at least one of his S Class, knock a driver for £14k and bleed money from his old company into his new one.

If somebody is entitled to benefits they are entitled to benefits.

Any struggling Cabby that had proper accounts and declared all their earnings would be entitled to benefits they meet the requirements.

There is nothing wrong with working sensible hours and being entitled to some financial help.

Wether you are a Black Cab/courier/PH driver.

Spy & Mash

It was Romania the other day Clive and you seem to have two 'boats' John John.
If you keep on using various alias' and telling 'porkies' the points you make on this 'forum' (Yes you said it in your very first post or are you going to edit that in a second and deny it) will hold no credence.
How did you get on with Tracmyride?
Still one place remaining Clive or is it John John or Lord Lucan when you get banned for long periods.

Swifty126

I don't really have a side, just an opinion.

I know couriers that know London aswell if not better than Cabbies.

I know PH drivers who are ex couriers that have lived in Central London their entire life and have the same level of knowledge.

I also know several Chauffeurs that would have no real issue with the KoL, but they have no intention of doing it as they couldn't deal with the drop in wages and dislike picking up pissheads and randoms.

I know Cabbies that are professional and hard working that would excel in any job.

I know Cabbies that are as thick as two short planks.

I don't know many PH drivers that can't find anywhere without SatNav, though they definitely exist and shouldn't.

I know a Chauffeur that has been driving around HNWI for over a year without a PH Lic, and recently run his Company into administration but managed to keep going and keep at least one of his S Class, knock a driver for £14k and bleed money from his old company into his new one.

If somebody is entitled to benefits they are entitled to benefits.

Any struggling Cabby that had proper accounts and declared all their earnings would be entitled to benefits they meet the requirements.

There is nothing wrong with working sensible hours and being entitled to some financial help.

Wether you are a Black Cab/courier/PH driver.
You know courier drivers and chauffeurs who would have no problem passing the knowledge
Let me tell you I know drivers who can drive better than me and you,but they have not passed the driving standards test

UberLuxbod

You know courier drivers and chauffeurs who would have no problem passing the knowledge
Let me tell you I know drivers who can drive better than me and you,but they have not passed the driving standards test
The driving standards test is not a test of driving ability

It is a test that you can drive a purpose built Taxi. The reason being is a Taxi is not a car and doesn't drive like one.

The PCV test that a London Bus driver does is harder.

And do you need me to repeat it?

Here we go.

Yes, I do know couriers that would have no problem with the KoL, that's what happens when you drive round and round London five days a week dropping off parcels.

You learn.

I know it may surprise you, but driving a Taxi is not every person idea of a dream job.

In the same way as being a Courier isn't.

But some people enjoy it. It's a free country.