• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What areas can you be an Uber driver in?

Archie Pelago

Newbie questions.

I live in Burnley, and I'm considering driving for Uber. So I guess that means I would have to be licensed in Manchester. But I don't understand what areas you can work in. It seems like Manchester drivers can work in other council areas around Manchester. What's the rules there?

Does that stretch as far as Burnley? I guess not. How far north does it stretch? i.e. Where would I have to drive to at the start of a shift to get my first ping?

I believe if I wanted to I could also go to other cities like Leeds, Sheffield or Liverpool to work even with a Manchester PH license is that right?

Also is Bradford an area that can be worked? Because that's the area I know best as I grew up there, so might be comfortable for the first few days.

Also I understand Lyft is US only. Are there any other services that you can do jobs for in the North of England other than Uber?

uberupnorth

Also is Bradford an area that can be worked? Because that's the area I know best as I grew up there
Yes, you can work in pretty much anywhere in the UK. You'd need a private hire licence - Uber do accept Burnley private hire drivers so you wouldn't need to get a Manchester licence. The best thing for you to do would be to work in Manchester with a Burnely licence. From what I've heard and personal experience, work is a lot better in Manchester than in surrounding areas. However, if you'd prefer, it might be a good idea to start off in a quieter area to familiarise yourself with the job at hand.

Where would I have to drive to at the start of a shift to get my first ping?
You could start as soon as you step out of your door - as long as there is a customer requesting a car, you'll receive the job.

so might be comfortable for the first few days.
Yes, might be a good idea for you to start off with working here as I mentioned above - it'd be a good opportunity to ease into the job.