1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What are your ratings at?

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Texstar12, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Texstar12

Texstar12 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I'm relatively new; completed my first trip August 28th. After 97 trips, I'm at a 4.89. What are some of you more seasoned veterans at?

I know I've received at least a couple of 1's somewhere for no apparent reason. I wonder what makes people down rate drivers. I do everything right, I know Houston, I offer everyone water, I have an aux cord and both Android and iPhone chargers, and I still get the occasional 3 or 4.

Are people so shallow sometimes as to down-rate for physical appearance or whatever?

Oh and my car is always clean inside and out every day.

2. Old Rocker

Old Rocker Well-Known Member

Mine's 4.88, but for the day only 4.67.

I think we get rated lower when we have trouble finding the destination. Google maps heads for the pin for the address and can take you in the back way or who knows where.

I had one suit today who kept making deep sighs while I was driving. I suspect he gave me a low rating.

I finally started rating all pax who don't tip (almost all of them) a four at the highest, but sometimes the pax wants to stay and see what the fare is.

Edit to add: My day's rating went up to 4.75. I guess a had a late rating come in. I had ten trips, so both 4.67 and 4.75 aren't possible if everyone bothered to rate me.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Enoch Shadkam and UBERXHOUSTON like this.
  3. UBERXHOUSTON

UBERXHOUSTON Active Member

I do the same thing, I rate all non tipers which are 99.99% a 4* regardless of how nice they are.
    And if I sense any dissactisfaction at all during the trip or before we get to their destination, I give them 1* rating because I know that I am not going to
    get a good rating from them anyways, and I don't have any idea how many stars they will give me.

Enoch Shadkam likes this.
  4. Old Rocker

I did give one non-tipping pax a five because she was really hot and wearing a short black skirt.

5. itsablackmarket

itsablackmarket Well-Known Member

around 4.8

6. tripAces

tripAces Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Overall rate is what Uber goes by. My overall goes from 4.87 up to 4.95 depending on the week and riders. Right now says 4.9 in app but 4.91 on dashboard for 365 days.
    Last week I had 2 young women get in. One had image issues talking about a friend of theirs that got fat. She said she works out but blah blah blah. I rated a 5 and found out that day I had all 5's. I went up from 4.87 to 4.9.
    I generally give everyone a 5. I tell them I got them on the 5 star program as they get out. I only down rate people that are a pain in the ass. Yet to have to many of those. But I do have thick skin and have had different jobs dealing with the public.
    Lmao I had a drunk guy and his wife try to intimidate me; mostly him. I just stared at him without a word. He laughed got out slammed the door. 1 Star Program!!

7. Bukrub

Bukrub Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My overall 365 day is 4.89, 30 day 4.88, 7 day 5.0

8. Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Wait, how do you look up your ratings for the day/week/month? Maybe it won't let me look this up yet as tomorrow marks 2 weeks of doing this and I just surpassed trip #100 tonight.

9. HOUTXRon

HOUTXRon Well-Known Member

You drive an X right? The following has been suggested in this forum several times as a sure fire way to boost one's ratings. Try offering hot towels, chilled red bull in addition to water, and warm oil back rubs.

It is sad, but appearance does make a big difference. Make sure you shave twice a day and wear high end Hart Schaffner Marx with Bruno Maglis. A decent cologne is a must as well.

Ye shall learn not to give a crap soon!

10. Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Oh, I have better standards than that; I'm in 19th century clothing 24/7! (okay, save for superhero pajamas when I sleep). It's a great conversation starter and passengers love it.

11. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You probably have not even half your pax rating you. If you had all 5 * and two 1* you'd be at 4.92 for 100 ratings. So expect a big drop when someone DOES give you a 1*.

I'm at 4.83. But 90 % I drive drunks. I'll have all 5s for a month and then a week where it's 4.57 for no particular reason. Car is clean, I'm reasonably nice and know where I'm going. Some folks are just &$@8* and others think 4 * is a good rating. I've kicked some out--that's pretty much a guaranteed 1*.

I offer no water. Claim to not know what an aux cord is or the last pax stole it. May let you use my charger if you're nice on a long trip. I regularly refuse to go through drive thrus. I could bend over and increase my rating but who cares? I do cancel people who act like asses before the trip.

12. Old Rocker

Under your earnings, you can look up 1, 7, 30, and 365 days. I read they only rate you for the last 500 days.

13. Old Rocker

This morning, when I checked, my rating for yesterday had dropped to 4.5. No idea why. I had pax who has their pickup pins in the wrong place or didn't really know where they were going. One wanted me to wait thirty minutes. My floor mats were wet from the rain. Some of the trips were long because of the rain. One pax didn't have an address on his house - it ended in a 4, but it was the first house on the block. Could have been any number of reasons.

14. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium Well-Known Member

4.85 X and XL

15. Realityshark

Realityshark Well-Known Member

Another post about ratings....awesome!

16. jreyn60

jreyn60 Member

Uber's videos make it clear to both drivers and riders that tips are NOT mandatory or expected. If a rider doesn't tip, they're not being rude, they're following Uber's own guidelines. ***** at Uber, don't punish the riders for it.

Huberis likes this.
  17. Bukrub

Bukrub Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Tipping someone in the service industry is customary, never required unless party of 8 or more at a restaurant. It is common curtesy for a job well done. We tip everyone from our Barber to the Pizza Dude, to our waitress and even the dude that dry's our car at the car wash. The list goes upon and on. And none are required. Uber also states that Tips are included which is a bold faced lie. So screw Uber and the Cheap Ass Pax. No five star for non tippers.

18. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium Well-Known Member

Last night I had a pax that was a waitress, and just could not talking about customer service and how she lives off her tips. She said she was "all about customer service."

She was not all about tips...

Enoch Shadkam, Old Rocker and Bukrub like this.
  19. Old Rocker

I felt like that for my first two weeks, but now that I'm a veteran of three full weeks of Ubering, and have received low ratings from pax for who knows what, I'm now using the no tip, no five rule. A pax could give me a low rating because it took me fifteen minutes to get to their location because I was nice enough to accept the ping and was probably the closest vehicle. In a case like that, I'm defenseless from being given a 1.

20. jreyn60

jreyn60 Member

If Uber is lying to customers, then it's not the riders' fault if they think they don't have to tip. That would be UBER's fault. Again, don't take out the company's B.S. on the riders. If the riders KNEW they should tip, then they would, just like when they go to a restaurant. By the way, here's an article about the whole confusion:

http://www.cnet.com/news/to-tip-or-not-to-tip-drivers-that-is-ubers-question/