• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What are YOU Thankful For...

MHR

Happy Thanksgiving to those here in the States and Happy Holidays to everyone everywhere.

It’s that time of year again, cold, windy and gray, so I needed to get some positive vibes flowing. I’ve been taught to make a gratitude list when gloomy and feeling like a misanthrope.

I’d like to see what everyone else is grateful for as well. Doesn’t have to be rideshare related but definitely needs to be positive.

I’ll start.

The one item that’s always at the top of my list is the family my husband and I have created. Even with the twins special needs and the copious amounts of extra care one requires they are always my bright and shining stars. Without them I would not be the woman I am today, and I can honestly say today that I like who I’ve become.

Now it’s y’all’s turn.

Christinebitg

I'm thankful that in my late 60s, I'm still in good enough shape that I can work part time. (I pulled the plug on full time work in 2018.)

I'm thankful that I can still work professionally doing what I was doing (in insurance) while I was employed full time.

I'm thankful for my Relationship with my Significant Other, with whom I have lived for nearly 13 years.

I'm thankful for the two adorable kitties who share our home.

I'm thankful that my parents are still alive at 97 and 98, and still living independently in the house they bought in 1983.

I'm thankful for a dear friend who lives close to them and helps them with issues that have become challenging for them now. She's like the older sister I never had growing up.

I'm thankful that I don't have to work if I dont feel like it. That actually makes it easier to keep working.

Okay, that's enough for right now.

sellkatsell44

Thankful to be alive—my own past aside, I lost my cousin earlier this year in a freak accident. Some days I’m so busy I forget but on days like today where I have downtime the depth of it sinks in. Too young, too much ahead and too much unresolved.

thankful for family—my dad and I did not get along really until I got sick... but my mom has always been there for me. Two jobs, 80hr weeks. Anytime someone looks at me like Wtf you’re working ft and five classes? Nah, my mom works > me.

and of course my nephew. 3 year old but intelligence of a 5 year old and sweet as pie. Goes to pick up a broom to help sweep, throws paper in recycling and trash in trash. Got him race car which he loves but also had taken away because sometimes he can be a minx according to sister.

thankful for friends—can’t ask for better folks that understand me and my sprouts of extrovert mixed with mostly introvert. and all the sweets they get when they travel local or foreign for me XD despite me telling them no need.

thankful just to be here.

Benjamin M

I'm thankful to have a loving family, especially my mother for teaching me how to be a gentleman, and my wife for always being by my side no matter what.

I'm thankful for the twists and turns that life has thrown my way, as difficult as they can be.

I'm thankful to have a nice car and a safe place to live when so many have nothing.

I'm thankful for RS, providing me with a purpose and income after a dark chapter and giving me hope.

Happy Thanksgiving. Soon I'll be thankful for FOOOOD! 😂

The Gift of Fish

Happy Thanksgiving to those here in the States and Happy Holidays to everyone everywhere.

It’s that time of year again, cold, windy and gray, so I needed to get some positive vibes flowing. I’ve been taught to make a gratitude list when gloomy and feeling like a misanthrope.

I’d like to see what everyone else is grateful for as well. Doesn’t have to be rideshare related but definitely needs to be positive.

I’ll start.

The one item that’s always at the top of my list is the family my husband and I have created. Even with the twins special needs and the copious amounts of extra care one requires they are always my bright and shining stars. Without them I would not be the woman I am today, and I can honestly say today that I like who I’ve become.

Now it’s y’all’s turn.
I am thankful for two of my kids. The other two, meh... not so much.

Also thankful that at my age everything still works, or close enough.

5☆OG

im thankful that i never had any of you mental cases as passangers..lol....so far today i picked up 2 seperate groups from india a man from turkey..if the next passanger is a pilgrim i quit !!! :smiles:
Post automatically merged:

I'm thankful I have a roof over my head and food to put in my belly. Seattle has an epidemic homeless population. Also thankful there's an adorable critter on this planet called a Badger. 🤗

View attachment 382469View attachment 382470View attachment 382471

peteyvavs

I’ll start.

Now it’s y’all’s turn.
I’m thankful for meeting that special person that always brightens my life.

mch

I’m thankful that I’m in the position where I can come to this site and @@@@@ and complain about driving people around in my car for $$$ Instead of being out in the streets, homeless.

Most of the rest of the year I’m thankful for my family. Not today though. They always get plastered on thanksgiving and I don’t drink😂. I usually leave and go fish when I’ve had my limit but it’s gonna be too windy tonight. So I guess I’m also thankful for rideshare? Lol

Coastal_Cruiser

What Invisible said, especially the murdered and assaulted part. And I wasn't even driving. ;>

Thankful for all the "good" and "bad" blessings in my life. And as hard as it is to say, especially the "bad" blessings, which have done more to make me grow than anything else. I sorely needed them.

And in the context of this forum, I am thankful that somehow, some way, driving part time for U/L works for me. It works very well. Every time I drive I say out loud how grateful I am for that particular blessing.

Last edited: