What are weekends like?

weekndwarrior

So right now I do uber and lyft for some fun money (beer, fast food, etc.) every other weekend, or even once a month, in San Diego. However, there is a possibility I might be moving to Las Vegas due to my job. I usually uber on Thursdays, Fridays, and/or Saturdays, hours of the day or night varies (all depends on how I feel). Can anybody tell me what your earnings are like during these days? My goal is at least making $200 over a weekend. Thanks in advance!

weekndwarrior

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That depends. How many hours are you planning on driving every week? And are you doing UberX/ XL/ SELECT?
I plan on doing weekends only around 16 hours at most (roughly 8 hours a day driving). Like I said earlier, I would be happy if I can break the $200 mark. I do mostly UberX.

Uber Steve LV

You can expect $2.50-$7 working The Strip, no tip. Your rating will unless you get an older passenger that might actually appreciate what you do. Most X riders expect champagne and red carpets. They will rate you low if you don't give them a handy on the way to TI from Palazzo.

I hate my life. Lol

weekndwarrior

You can expect $2.50-$7 working The Strip, no tip. Your rating will unless you get an older passenger that might actually appreciate what you do. Most X riders expect champagne and red carpets. They will rate you low if you don't give them a handy on the way to TI from Palazzo.

I hate my life. Lol
Yikes. I really do appreciate the word of advice and your experience! Maybe I should stay away from the strip. Lol!

weekndwarrior

Stay positive. I do this only weekends and I never have a hard time breaking $250 in 15-20 hours.
Great to hear. I will be happy with making just $200. Only doing this for a little extra spending money. Not really treating this as a much-needed second job so I'm cool with that.

Reversoul

Weekends are like weekdays.. only most white collar people are off work and the little brats are home from school. Also banks are closed Sunday and the mail doesn't run either.

Papa Sarducci

Weekends are like the last two days of the week when most people have off, in English they are known as Saturday and Sunday, duh.