• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What are the money making hot spots in the IE?

Uber Rich

Hello my Uber drivers in the IE. This is my second week as an uber driver and I'm finding it difficult to find good money making areas. I live in Moreno Valley and usually end up in down town Riverside. Last week I made 160.00 which is ok, but I'm at least trying to make more than 250.00. Please help! I'm also finding that is slow during the week and I'm wasting gas driving looking for fares. I try not to but sitting and waiting for a ride request is irritating. I was thinking of maybe heading towards Temecula. Any decent money to be made there?

malik76

I find weekdays are very slow. I work Redlands and San bernardino. Friday night and Saturday are okay.but I think the i.e is just slow. I have a s.u.v so gas is hard on me. There is no uber xl opinion in the i.e for s.u.v. but it seems like it's slow everywhere.

Uber Rich

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I find weekdays are very slow. I work Redlands and San bernardino. Friday night and Saturday are okay.but I think the i.e is just slow. I have a s.u.v so gas is hard on me. There is no uber xl opinion in the i.e for s.u.v. but it seems like it's slow everywhere.
I feel you on the gas. I'm driving a nissan quest and it's not exactly a gas saver. Thx for the info, sounds like I'm better off working weekends only. Otherwise I would be burning gas looking for customers.

malik76

Just got this email from uber.

HIGH DEMAND EVENTS INLAND EMPIRE

Music Is Life Concert Series Featuring Nipsey Hussle
The National Orange Show Events Center
930 S Arrowhead Ave, San Bernadino, CA 92408
Saturday, August 22 | 9 pm - 12:30 am

Beer & Sausage Festival
Highland Springs Resort
10600 Highland Springs Ave, Cherry Valley, CA 92223
Saturday, August 22 | 11 am - 7 pm
Sunday August 23 | 11 am - 7 pm

PALM SPRINGS

Hard Rock Weekend Pool Parties
Downtown Palm Springs Hard Rock Hotel
150 S Indian Canyon Drive
Saturday August 22 | 12 pm - 5 pm
Sunday August 23 | 12 pm - 5 pm

Uber Rich

Thx for that post. I don't get any notification from uber about up coming events. I'm going t o have hit up uber support.

Uber Rich

True that man. Do you know about Nocturnal Wonderland on Sept 3-6th. Its a music festival.

jetboatjohnny

Hello my Uber drivers in the IE. This is my second week as an uber driver and I'm finding it difficult to find good money making areas. I live in Moreno Valley and usually end up in down town Riverside. Last week I made 160.00 which is ok, but I'm at least trying to make more than 250.00. Please help! I'm also finding that is slow during the week and I'm wasting gas driving looking for fares. I try not to but sitting and waiting for a ride request is irritating. I was thinking of maybe heading towards Temecula. Any decent money to be made there?
Temecula is over saturated with drivers. If you get down there around 1-2 am weekends they usually run out of cars and sometimes it surges. I have better luck in Hemet. I have got at least 15 long ($90-$150) rides since it was launched at the end of last year. PS was great when I started 17 months ago $2/mile rates. Summer came and I was making half as much on weekends so I did OC.

Last edited:

Danielson_

I feel you on the gas. I'm driving a nissan quest and it's not exactly a gas saver. Thx for the info, sounds like I'm better off working weekends only. Otherwise I would be burning gas looking for customers.
You're driving a Quest... Which is a minivan if I'm not mistaken. First off, you should only be doing XL rides. These rates of 1.10 a mile (-20% uber fee 90cents a mile)on X are too low. Or if it Surges in the IE then drive.

You're driving around wasting all that gas and putting dead miles to your van. I live in the LA area but sometimes get rides to rancho then I work the IE a bit... According to a few pax Uber isn't really well known there as it is in the LA area. I'd drive DT Pomona at night and maybe even Ontario airport in the AM.

Sad to say but stupid Uber is promoting way too much, there are too many drivers, hopefully more drivers quit by fall.

The LA/OC section has a lot of tips. Utilize it.

Amsoil Uber Connect

It sucked here today. First up, sketcher dude , 4.5, with his pin in the middle of the 60/215 interchange, ya right dude, then he cancelled twice. By 1pm left the house to head to OC, no one around on Iowa, got off caught a couple back home, Ugh.... Ok I'm stayin now. Then a round trip ride, but the app would not let me end trip. Finally seemed to be working ok after a pit stop. But tonight that trip shows it was a 3 hr 6 min trip. What? Was going to report it but uber already flagged it saying they will have it fixed in 48 hrs. Even at one point during that, the riders app show No drivers available. 30 minutes after that trip caught one to Victoria's Garden from Woodcrest. So yeah you cant have two trips over lap like that. So what an 87 net that could of been a fair friday should be about 53 net after correction. Yeah should have went to OC earlier since I have been averaging 100 net. Just hate to without a rider and figured I due for a bad day their too. Ugh........:cool:

UberAccent

I work temecula often. There's a lot of fares, however there are also a tremendous amount of drivers. It's tricky. You will find your fishing holes and the fishing times over a period of time don't worry about it. Keep plugging away at it! And remember, during the daytime it's dead everywhere. This is a nighttime and weekend and certain weeknights occupation.

Joey Bagofdonuts

I'm a cab driver in temecula, it's never dead for us, and we are training all Hotels, Bars, and Restaurants that UBER is NOT LOCAL, we are a LOCAL Cab company, and the local businesses know that we scratch your back, and they will scratch ours. That's how Community works. I've picked up "owners" to 3 of the bars in town, and know the receptionists of 4 major hotels in town, they are well aware of UBER and are on our side. With that said, you will continue to get your little 4 to 12 dollar runs, and you need alot of them to make your 80 cents a mile in Temecula, but they will be going away over time. Community and Local Business will Win.