• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What are the fare rates in your city?

eyewall

What are the fare rates in your city? I am in the Burlington, VT market and it is $2 per mile and 30 cents a minute (I expect they will lower this at some point). The base fare is $2.15.

uberparadise

What are the fare rates in your city? I am in the Burlington, VT market and it is $2 per mile and 30 cents a minute (I expect they will lower this at some point). The base fare is $2.15.
You are very lucky. Drive everyday 24/7 while u can. This is what happens early in the game. Later prices slashed.

eyewall

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree given what others have said were rates where they are! I am sure it is designed to lure in new drivers before the cuts come. I would argue this area probably already has enough on the road given the small size of the city.

BostonBarry

Damn, that is a decent rate. Almost my XL rates in Boston. Maybe I should move back to VT for a little while. Considering the colleges and how far apart towns are I can imagine there being some decent fares, especially in storms.

Here in Boston area $2 pickup, $0.16 per minute and $1.24 per mile for UberX with $10 cancellation fee and 25% commission (fortunately I'm grandfathered in at 20%, should I choose to do some Uber instead of focusing on Lyft. Min fare is $5 including the safe rider fee of $1. XL rates are $3.50 pickup, $0.35 per minute and $2.45 per mile with $7 min and same cancelation and srf fees. Commission on XL is 28% grandfathered or not.

thelawnet

Driver makes below min wage:
Rates in London are £1.25/mile, plus £9/hour. Minus Uber's 20%.

I'm not sure what the stats are on pickup distances, but the average speed in central London is around 10mph. So in 8 hours you can cover 80 miles. Let's say that you are on the clock for 80% of the time (I'm not sure if this is accurate), that's 64 miles. That's a payout of £64 (mileage), plus £46.08 (time) = £110.08 for 8 hours. Deduct £20 for gasoline and maintenance and let's say £20 for the car + its costs, and that leaves you with £70 for 8 hours work. This is £8.75/hour, which is above minimum wage.

The figures in that article imply a mileage of around 1900; the costs of £1437 seem high for that mileage and reflect poor choices by the driver.

WillowHannigan

Dallas/Fort Worth area
uberX
Base fare $1 $0.10 per minute $0.85 Per mile Safe Rides Fee $1 Min fare $3.50 Cancellation fee $6

And was told that if you started Uber after 9/14 that there would be a 25% fee to Uber.