1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

What are the fare rates in your city?

Discussion in 'Pay' started by eyewall, Sep 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. eyewall

eyewall

What are the fare rates in your city? I am in the Burlington, VT market and it is $2 per mile and 30 cents a minute (I expect they will lower this at some point). The base fare is $2.15.

2. uberparadise

uberparadise

Driving:
    UberX
    You are very lucky. Drive everyday 24/7 while u can. This is what happens early in the game. Later prices slashed.

3. eyewall

eyewall

I agree given what others have said were rates where they are! I am sure it is designed to lure in new drivers before the cuts come. I would argue this area probably already has enough on the road given the small size of the city.

4. eyewall

eyewall

Uber just started here last year.

5. CommanderXL

CommanderXL

Driving:
    UberXL
  6. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
  7. BostonBarry

BostonBarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    Damn, that is a decent rate. Almost my XL rates in Boston. Maybe I should move back to VT for a little while. Considering the colleges and how far apart towns are I can imagine there being some decent fares, especially in storms.

Here in Boston area $2 pickup, $0.16 per minute and $1.24 per mile for UberX with $10 cancellation fee and 25% commission (fortunately I'm grandfathered in at 20%, should I choose to do some Uber instead of focusing on Lyft. Min fare is $5 including the safe rider fee of $1. XL rates are $3.50 pickup, $0.35 per minute and $2.45 per mile with $7 min and same cancelation and srf fees. Commission on XL is 28% grandfathered or not.

8. thelawnet

thelawnet

Rates in London are £1.25/mile, plus £9/hour. Minus Uber's 20%.

I'm not sure what the stats are on pickup distances, but the average speed in central London is around 10mph. So in 8 hours you can cover 80 miles. Let's say that you are on the clock for 80% of the time (I'm not sure if this is accurate), that's 64 miles. That's a payout of £64 (mileage), plus £46.08 (time) = £110.08 for 8 hours. Deduct £20 for gasoline and maintenance and let's say £20 for the car + its costs, and that leaves you with £70 for 8 hours work. This is £8.75/hour, which is above minimum wage.

The figures in that article imply a mileage of around 1900; the costs of £1437 seem high for that mileage and reflect poor choices by the driver.

9. Dallas/Fort Worth area
    uberX
    Base fare $1 $0.10 per minute $0.85 Per mile Safe Rides Fee $1 Min fare $3.50 Cancellation fee $6

And was told that if you started Uber after 9/14 that there would be a 25% fee to Uber.