What are the chances.....

Fshdaspcl

I received a stacked ping yesterday at 6:05 I know it showed a surge which is why I accepted it. Shockingly enough the fare shows up without the surge. While I was waiting I checked surge was 1.9X I asked the PAX of course she played dumb. I emailed the mother ship any chance I get my surge???

KevRyde

There is another protracted thread on here about this same occurrence that another Denver driver started a while back, and I'm pretty sure he met with success after battling it out with customer service. If I recall, another driver on here provided him with screenshots of a surge fare she snagged in the same timeframe and in the same surge zone, so that gesture combined with his sheer relentlessness paid off.

Edit: Found it...
Certainly the most threads created by one person about the same subject. That being said, congrats!

Last edited:

HMMRHD

Anytime I get a surge request I take a screenshot before I start driving to pick them up, just in case Uber tries to pull a fast one.

Fshdaspcl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know I'm naive but I've always trusted Uber plus this was a stacked ping so I was moving easy to accept not so easy to take a picture

KevRyde

After 4,000 rides I've never had anything like that happen, but if it ever does, my assumption will be that it was simply a technical glitch rather than Uber trying to pull a fast one.

Daisey77

It used to happen all the time to me. Never once did I get my money back but maybe , hopefully, they've changed their ways. Good luck.

Stanley B

I received a stacked ping yesterday at 6:05 I know it showed a surge which is why I accepted it. Shockingly enough the fare shows up without the surge. While I was waiting I checked surge was 1.9X I asked the PAX of course she played dumb. I emailed the mother ship any chance I get my surge???
For me, I see a lot of stacked pings that come in without a surge, when I am pretty confident I am in a surge zone. It's one of the main reasons I don't accept most stacked pings. Many times there is a gap when the surge rate is adjusting (say going from a 1.8x up to a 2.3x). During that adjustment window, pings will come in at regular x rates even though you are really in a heavy surge zone. Those non-surge pings that come in should always be declined, because 30 seconds later, it's now up to a 2.3x surge.

I'm not saying that's what happened to you, but if you read these forums, tons of people say they don't get surge rates even though they are in a surge zone. I suspect the reason for most is because the surge factor is in the process of changing, and they got stuck accepting a non-surge rate. When I realize I've done that (accepted a pickup at a non-surge rate in or close to a high surge zone), I cancel immediately.

Fshdaspcl

A stacked ping is a ping that you receive before dropping off your current PAX. Normally close to the drop off spot I have even had the Stacked PAX open the door for the current PAX as they are getting out

jeffeCo

jesus christ it'd be great if we could opt out of those after 500 trips or something. @@@@ knows what pax wants you to do after you get downtown. I've stopped at chipotle on the way home or whatever else. At least lately it doesn't dump the map right as you're like 6 blocks from the dropoff. Good job uber!!! Way to make things better!!

Fshdaspcl

I actually dont mind the stacked Pings its nice to have a PAX exit and another hopping in no sit time

Frontier Guy

Stacked pax (especially the females) make for a good evening, with or without surge, it means it's busy. Spent 45 minutes on stacked trips Sat. night, 5 in a row. Which followed my Fri. night Lyft line/Lyft stacked of 4 in a row.

I will gladly take Uber stacked requests over Uber pool requests. Lyft Line requests are actually getting better.

Fshdaspcl

I agree never got a stacked PING at the airport which would be the one place that makes most sense.

Well UBER said it wasn't surging even though I know I saw it was. Again one of the few times I take stacked PINGS is under surge. Oh well I should of cancelled when I saw no surge at time of pick up chalk it up to lesson learned

Daisey77

Of Course they did. So frustrating. For being a $60 billion company, they sure nickel and dime us