What are the best times to do airports with uber x?

Babaganush

I have never had any luck waiting at the airport, I used to do X/XL and after 3 tries my best wait time was 35 minutes.
This past summer I've done many airport drop-off and 90% of the time I got a pick up right away.
This past fall and winter have been terrible for me even though I upgraded my car and can now do X/XL/Select. Hopefully it will pick up soon.

Snikok

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What’s terrible for u? I just started few weeks ago. I average $20-23 per hr gross. I think it’s not bad, considering the fact that i drive a PHEV and don’t spend too much on fuel

PS. Tried to do airports, not worth it for X

Babaganush

With X/XL, I was around $25 per hour gross, with X/XL/Select, I am around $27 but I know it will rise a bit when the tourist season starts again. I drive a TDI SUV so fuel is not hurting me anymore.

I would say the worst for me is the wasted time between rides this past fall and winter.

Snikok

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What shifts u usually do? When is the most profitable time to work? I try to work between 4pm and 4am most of the time :wink:
Post automatically merged:

Btw what car u drive? I see a lot of 7 seaters Infiniti’s, they cost like 30k and up. Im wondering if it worth paying for such a car plus insurance and gas to do Uber full time?!

Babaganush

I drive a diesel Mercedes SUV. I don't think it is worth it to get a Select car, I think it would make more sense to get an X/XL SUV with good gas mileage, like the Chrysler Pacifica for example.

I do this part-time, usually morning and afternoon rush hours. If this summer is like last summer, then for me at least I will drive a bit more as there was a lot of tourist rides during daytime.