What about Airport Queue???

Dhaliwal

What do you think about Airport Queue? Is should be improved by Uber. At least driver should know exact position in queue.

PJube

What do you think about Airport Queue? Is should be improved by Uber. At least driver should know exact position in queue.

I actually think it's pretty good Dhaliwal. With a combination of experience, networking with other drivers and the online live airport schedule, you can get a pretty good feel for how long you're going to be there.
A few things I have learned:
Just because you drop off there doesn't mean you have to stay.
Use your time wisely. I sometimes fuel at the Budget Petrol Station Mascot. Once you're in the Domestic queue, you stay in it there and back.
I've got a pretty good system of cleaning the car at Domestic as well both inside and out. Network with other drivers. Get out of the car and have a chat if there is anyone else open to it.
Refresh the batteries, it's a good place for a snack or break.
Learn the difference between International and Domestic, I often drop off at one and move to the other. Sometimes the International queue may be 1-10 but this may take an hour. Sometimes the Domestic queue may be 51-60 and take 20 mins or quicker.
9 times out of 10 now, the wait time for me is quicker than I'm ready for.

I hope this makes sense and Happy Ubering :smiles:

lespaul

the blue quarter circles - does that show how far it has progressed? ie 11-20 with 3 quarter blue circles, does this mean approx 12/13 people before you?

and another question, where can we read up on the specifics of how XL works in the queue?

dms

Does the 3/4 blue segment bars means you have advance more than 3/4 grey bars, or is it the other way around.

Mulder99

Does the 3/4 blue segment bars means you have advance more than 3/4 grey bars, or is it the other way around.

Advance,
The more blue the better means you are getting close to the top of the queue for that elusive fare to palm beach or maybe standford...haha

Gryphster

Uber says the Blue is about demand but its bullshit. I was driving past Int on Sun Morning -1am ish to drop a pax in Wolli Creek and I was the only one there - not surprisingly- so got a queue of 1-10 and 4 blue bars. Drove from Int waiting area up O'riordan well past Gardeners road before it let me leave the queue. Wobble between 3 and 4 bars the whole time.