What a dead week out there

Ghwwe72

Yes it's been a horrible week out there lol :wink:

I did Uber Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday and made $635 and did Lyft Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. $800 on Lyft in 3 days cannot complain.

But yes it's dead out there
IMG_2699.jpg
IMG_2696.PNG

Eli331

Yes it's been a horrible week out there lol :wink:

I did Uber Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday and made $635 and did Lyft Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. $800 on Lyft in 3 days cannot complain.

But yes it's dead out there
View attachment 154780 View attachment 154779

Some of you dudes must live in your car.....it was a vacation weekend and slower than usual in the city.....show us the hours to go along with those stubs and then we can determine if it was worth it or not

Ghwwe72

63 hours for the week (29 on Uber and 34 on Lyft)

Some of you dudes must live in your car.....it was a vacation weekend and slower than usual in the city.....show us the hours to go along with those stubs and then we can determine if it was worth it or not
It was definitely not slower than usual it's been quite busy I'm home now but on a Sunday night at 2AM and it's surging 1.8

Tysmith95

Not a normal sunday night. Most people have Monday off so that's why the demand was high. Not surprising at all.

Got a short destination filter trip at 1.6 (to Melrose). Went home but should have went for a double tip.

I was shocked that Uber nor Lyft had any bar close boost for tonight. Maybe they forgot that tomorrow was a holiday? It seems like many of the international drivers took the night off thinking it would be a normal sunday night.

john1975

Looks like I made the right move going down to Nantucket Worked like a dog. 45 hours in 3 days. But took many breaks. Even with 600 in expenses i did better than I would have done in Boston. Lots of positives and negatives. I needed to work a ton of hours to justify the costs. But now I can take it easy Monday and only drive when it's surging. Saturday was unreal how busy it was.

Tysmith95

Looks like I made the right move going down to Nantucket Worked like a dog. 45 hours in 3 days. But took many breaks. Even with 600 in expenses i did better than I would have done in Boston. Lots of positives and negatives. I needed to work a ton of hours to justify the costs. But now I can take it easy Monday and only drive when it's surging. Saturday was unreal how busy it was.
How much?

I guess you can deduct the expenses so that helps.

john1975

Wow nearly 60 bucks per hour on Saturday. That's insane.
Yeah people will see the screenshots and think it's a goldmine. Well it's tough to cram everything into 3 days and work enough hours to justify the costs. Now 4th of July could make more sense. But locals warn me of terrible traffic. Traffic was modest this weekend

E30addixt

Yeah people will see the screenshots and think it's a goldmine. Well it's tough to cram everything into 3 days and work enough hours to justify the costs. Now 4th of July could make more sense. But locals warn me of terrible traffic. Traffic was modest this weekend
$600 in expenses is way to big a commitment for most of the snowflakes on this forum, so I think the island is safe.

I'm super glad I didn't go to the Vineyard though. I haven't heard good things out of there so far.

Tysmith95

Yah I guess you have to remember, Nantucket has some of the most expensive real estate in the country. It ain't cheap to live (or visit) there. Also you've got to remember that even for people who live there, it's highly seasonal. You're basically only making good money from memorial day to labor day.

john1975

$600 in expenses is way to big a commitment for most of the snowflakes on this forum, so I think the island is safe.

I'm super glad I didn't go to the Vineyard though. I haven't heard good things out of there so far.
Well in addition to the expenses are a lot of other factors to consider. Roads can be tricky and would not bring a newer car here to drive. But nobody honks everyone is nice and friendly people follow traffic laws no red lights. Aside from some of the roads it is so much nicer to drive here than Boston.