What a bust

BeingStewie

Rookie mistake, You learn it the hard way.

Just know that when it's surging at the airports, there are at least 30-50 Uber drivers sitting with their apps offline, forcing the airport to surge, and when it does, which takes a while, some will honk to alert, all of them go online and the surge is gone in minutes.

Only go to the airport if you are close by, otherwise it's a waste of time running for surges. Check flights arrival status at the airport, when you plan to drive there.

Last edited:

MoreTips

I'm glad to see at least those drivers have came up with a way to unite and help themselves at least in some way.

Bigbadb91

Oh yea they try almost every night but problem is it takes forever to happen cause you got the straddlers that speed to ohare just to get a ride since queue is so low... I’ve seen it before with 1-6 drivers for like 30 minutes cause people racing to get there to get a ride instead of turning app off until it surges...

I’ve done it before in the beginning, now I don’t bother unless I’m close and queue is like under 50 cars and even then I’m not going to the pit

But yea don’t chase surges especially ones that are 15miles away from you lol... Uber creates surge to bring drivers to a certain area once they see you going that direction or in it... they’ll leave you in a surgeless bubble while everything else blocks away from you is surging lol they’re dirty bastards I tell ya

Zuber7

Can't tell if this person is trolling or just really, really new to this.
Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

Especially because of the name.
(For those who don't know, skankhunt comes from the south park episode where Kyle's dad is an internet troll and hides his identity under the name skankhunt42)

Last edited:

Uberanović

Rookie mistake, You learn it the hard way.

Just know that when it's surging at the airports, there are at least 30-50 Uber drivers sitting with their apps offline, forcing the airport to surge, and when it does, which takes a while, some will honk to alert, all of them go online and the surge is gone in minutes.

Only go to the airport if you are close by, otherwise it's a waste of time running for surges. Check flights arrival status at the airport, when you plan to drive there.
Even when ord is surging you might not get surging ping , always check pax info

Sam D

Four words

Don't chase the surge.

You're welcome

saw it surging at midway left from edgewater to head there and once I got to Cicero off 55 it all disappeared such bs

I noticed your screan name is SkankHunt

Ummm..... well....ummm... sheesh ... how do I say this gently

Ok I am just going to say it. Maybe raise your standards a little bit.

BeingStewie

Even when ord is surging you might not get surging ping , always check pax info

It happens at times at surge areas, you will receive an older request sent out when it wasn't surging and ignored by other drivers. It's best to wait for the second or third request when turning on your app at a heavy surge area.

You are right it's important to check any request before accepting it, if you want a surge fare or want to ignore poop rides.