What’s Your Weirdest Requests?

ButterKupz

I received this “Sing Happy Birthday” request about a week ago. It was attached to a delivery order from a bakery. I laughed about it while thinking WTF?. This was the oddest request I’ve gotten in over 300 deliveries.

As soon as I picked up the cupcakes from the bakery the guy listed as the customer sent me a text message. He wanted to tell me the first name of the person I was to sing “Happy Birthday” to and verify I would sing the song. Please note I’m clearly NOT a good singer so this request made me a bit “stage frightened”.

I nervously arrived at the address listed and rang the door bell. While holding the box of perfectly decorated cupcakes I asked the lady if her name is _____ and if she knew ________, which is the first name of the person listed as the customer. She said “yes” to both questions and immediately gave me a weird look. As requested I began singing “Happy Birthday ______” to her. I very nervously ALMOST make it to the first round of “Happy Birthday _____” when she snatched the box of cupcakes from my extended arm and quickly slammed the door in my face. Once I get back in my vehicle I quickly get a text message from the person who requested the delivery. He wanted to know if I had sung as he requested and how’d it go. I didn’t have the heart to tell him by the
ticked off way she acted he might be receiving a restraining order soon.

After all this craziness the guy who placed the order and made the over the top request barely tipped me $2. 🙄 Anyone else get a weird request??
2870C177-8811-4EFA-A7A0-79D9E1E8671C.jpeg

Last edited:

GuidoTKP

I received this “Sing Happy Birthday” request about a week ago. It was attached to a delivery order from a bakery. I laughed about it while thinking WTF?. This was the oddest request I’ve gotten in over 300 deliveries.

As soon as I picked up the cupcakes from the bakery the guy listed as the customer sent me a text message. He wanted to tell me the first name of the person I was to sing “Happy Birthday” to and verify I would sing the song. Please note I’m clearly NOT a good singer so this request made me a bit “stage frightened”.

I nervously arrived at the address listed and rang the door bell. While holding the box of perfectly decorated cupcakes I asked the lady if her name is _____ and if she knew ________, which is the first name of the person listed as the customer. She said “yes” to both questions and immediately gave me a weird look. As requested I began singing “Happy Birthday ______” to her. I very nervously ALMOST make it to the first round of “Happy Birthday _____” when she snatched the box of cupcakes from my extended arm and quickly slammed the door in my face. Once I get back in my vehicle I quickly get a text message from the person who requested the delivery. He wanted to know if I had sung as he requested and how’d it go. I didn’t have the heart to tell him by the

After all this craziness the guy who placed the order and made the over the top request barely tipped me $2. 🙄 Anyone else get a weird request?? View attachment 465008 View attachment 465008
Ummm, no.
Not happening!

Trafficat

If I ever got this request, I'd have sang it with great enthusiasm before knocking... then she probably would have peered at me through her peephole, and called the police. I would then knock, but she would not answer. Then I'd probably message the person and say she wasn't answering but that I was going to leave the cupcakes at the door. Then I'd probably mark as delivered and drive off.

15 minutes later, MEAL TEAM 5 would arrive at her door to arrest the happy birthday stalker cupcake creep, but they would be too slow on the draw because I'd be at the McDonald's drive through picking up my next delivery by then. They would confiscate the cupcakes as evidence.

1590154107715.png

waldowainthrop

That “happy birthday” story is some Black Mirror stuff. I would not do that. Someone could easily use that sort of tactic to harass someone else. I get why you played along, but the potential for harm being a third party used for “passing messages” is pretty high.

I think the oddest request I got was an Uber Pool request going 4 minutes down the road to a liquor store and back, with two young men. Why Uber Pool, I have no idea, except to save a couple of bucks, but they didn’t seem to care either way. They wanted a free ride back, which I gave them, because whatever – I signed my own fate by accepting the ride. They were actually in and out amazingly quickly and they tipped $10 in cash. We hit it off and they wanted me to hang out and have a drink/smoke with them which I politely declined, and they were cool about it. They were pre-gaming before a concert and staying at a motel in the far outer reaches of the Denver metro area. ~$13.50 for 15 minutes of my time and being decent to some people who other drivers might have balked at serving.

Last edited:

waldowainthrop

Anyone who’s not in the know, this is @SadUber:

Yes, he provided evidence of his weird stories too, as you should.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
After 4 years of driving, and being an X only Ant in Seattle Washington, it's really hard for me to pick just ONE weird ride that stands out from the others. Truly I've had my share of "WTH did that just happen" moments. I'd have to say the tops is when the lady wanted me to have her newly purchased Christmas tree strapped to the top of my car.

Another Ant

As she was leaving the front seat of my car, Brandi the hooker asked me if I would give her my opinion of her new tattoo.

I told her, "Sure."

She got out of the car, leaned over while facing away from me, pulled her yoga pants down and revealed a beautiful tattoo of a butterfly on her buttocks (left cheek).

She said, Well, what do ya think?'

My reply was, "Quite nice."

She gave me a $5.00 tip, and I have given her two rides (actual rides, not what you're thinking) since that time.

True story.

ConkeyCrack

After all this craziness the guy who placed the order and made the over the top request barely tipped me $2. 🙄 Anyone else get a weird request?? View attachment 465009
I'm sorry but you are an absolute fool for complying with such request. I would have said happy birthday not sang it.

Another Uber Driver

I received this “Sing Happy Birthday” request about a week ago. It was attached to a delivery order from a bakery. I laughed about it while thinking WTF?. This was the oddest request I’ve gotten in over 300 deliveries. After all this craziness the guy who placed the order and made the over the top request barely tipped me $2.
I do not usually mention a tip to the customer, as it is generally lacking in panache to do so. There are, however, exceptions. This is one such exception. I might be subtle about it. I might send a message that read "I have the order, but, I am not seeing any incentive to honour your special request".. If this produced anything except a tip that matched the request, I would cancel. "I will tip you upon delivery" would not work. That would get a reply "Not sorry' not interested".

Of course, I might take the advice of @HPClays on this one and just come out and ask "What is in it for me?". If I do not see an adequate dollar amount flash onto the screen, I cancel.

if you want a singing delivery you best come with some serious tip money.... I'd have shuffled this ride like a bad habit.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have all kinds of weird request stories. Most of them come from driving a cab.

I had one where a little old lady wanted me to change a lightbulb. I did it. She gave me five dollars.

A housewife wanted me to shovel snow from her driveway and walkways. I asked her what she was paying. She offered me five dollars. I declined. She doubled the offer. I declined, again.

I answered a call one evening to a private home in a middle class neighbourhood. This woman answers the door dressed in a black leather jerkin, black leather briefs, black leather high heel boots up on her thighs and a black leather motorcycle cap. She informs me that she will pay me one hundred dollars to let her shave my body hair (except for the hair on top of my head, which she was going to put in a "do".), dress me in a French maid dress, do my makeup. I was then to go to this hotel, fetch her client, bring him to the house, wait, take him back. She told me that if I did a good job, this could become a regular thing. I asked her for how long had she scheduled her client's session. She replied four hours. I broke it down for her. It is going to take you two hours, minimum to get me dressed. Allow an hour (likely it will take less) for me to fetch your client and bring him here (allowing for being kept waiting at the hotel for the client). I wait four hours. It takes less than an hour to take him from here to the hotel, but, I must come back so that I can give you back your dress, petticoats and underwear and you can take the makeup off me. I will have to shower to get rid of the perfume smell. You are looking at nine hours, here. That breaks down to eleven dollars and change per hour. For what you want, sweetie, it ain't worth it. She offered me one hundred fifty. I told her that still it was not worth it. She asked me what I needed to do it. I told her three hundred fifty plus a nice tip. She replied that she was getting eight hundred from him for the session (this was some time past, mind you) and that she was not going to give away half the money just to get the client to her. I suggested to her that she call the client and tell him to get a cab at the hotel queue. I do not know what she did, but, I was not her chauffeur for that evening.

The Gift of Fish

After all this craziness the guy who placed the order and made the over the top request barely tipped me $2. 🙄 Anyone else get a weird request?? View attachment 465009
ROFL, "sing happy birthday" my ass!

Christinebitg

She offered me one hundred fifty. I told her that still it was not worth it. She asked me what I needed to do it. I told her three hundred fifty plus a nice tip.
Odds are, she would have stiffed you for the larger amount. She would have made up some excuse not to pay you.

Yeah sure, cash up front. This isn't her first rodeo.

Bobbyk5487

I had 2 weird request lately...one was a young lady who has been "sheltered in place"....ask me to just drive her in circle around her neighborhood for 30 mins then just sit and talk to her for a hour... The other was a guy that used me like grub hub...he requested uberx but then he texted me to just stop to the store and bring him some beer and he'll pay me $50...yes I did it
Post automatically merged:

I had one guy who was going to the bus station in Charlotte...for some reason he change his mind about taking the bus to Virginia Beach...he said "turn off the app I want to help you make money here's $400 drive me to Virginia beach"...and off we went

Another Uber Driver

she would have stiffed you for the larger amount. She would have made up some excuse not to pay you. cash up front. This isn't her first rodeo.
(emphasis added)

It would have been cash up front, or at least half up front, which I promptly take out to the car, half when she got me all dressed and made up but before I go out the door to fetch her client. I will wait for the tip when I come back to give her back the clothing, have her take off the make-up and I shower. If she had stiffed me out of the tip, still, I did get most of the scratch.

The only leverage that I might have had might have been the dress and the petticoats. I would have assumed that she would have wanted those returned to her. I would guess that they are not inexpensive, but, I would not know. I can not state that I ever have bought any maid dresses or petticoats. I have bought underwear for various girlfriends, so I would expect that those items would be inexpensive relative to the dress and petticoats..