Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
My confirmation rate is 38%, still on the old app too.
Why do you care? It doesnt matter one bit. I earned better when I had lower ratings and acceptance rate and higher cancellation rates. Being in the right area and working at the right time matters more than acceptance/cancellation rates.

On the first day it had options to report bugs, I just kept reporting and writing that user interface was crappy, so they took away the option. They tried to make it look funky but the old app was so much better. The notification sound has changed, new one is better, a lot calmer which is better for me.

View attachment 237277 View attachment 237276 View attachment 237275 View attachment 237274 View attachment 237273 View attachment 237272

There's no sign of acceptance/cancellation rates, total rated trips, total 5 stars, driving feedback. The option button on the bottom right gives access to setting a destination. The rest of the options are accessed through clicking on your profile picture at the top right and it's a very long route into getting to more options and settings. Extremely bad app design.
Thanks for sharing, appreciate you doing that, has a bit of a cartoon look.

You have a high rating which I think is going to have a much higher importance in the near future (license depending obviously) acceptance rate and cancellation rate should be less important (just speculation) particularly with the employment argument.

All the best and many thanks

Thanks for sharing, appreciate you doing that, has a bit of a cartoon look.

You have a high rating which I think is going to have a much higher importance in the near future (license depending obviously) acceptance rate and cancellation rate should be less important (just speculation) particularly with the employment argument.

All the best and many thanks
Yea, I had a long chat with them regarding ratings, told them to take the water/sweets recommendation off their website for better ratings and focus more on hiring drivers that can drive/communicate better and present themselves better. They called to invite me for an interview to feature on their media, but I rejected as I am not interested in that kind of fame. I did criticise them on all the topics drivers discuss about here, although it probably won't make any difference but it was good to vent out, especially when they were the ones to call me to tell me that I was one of their highest rated drivers. Wanted my feedback so they got it. A lot of critical feedback.

They called me as well.
We discussed a few things mentioned here and some that aren't.

They were very interested when I told them that it was illegal for us to pick up at bus stops and as all bus stops are geotagged on google then could they please stop pinning a customers location to a bus stop and tell them to move their arses to where is was legal to pick up

They called me as well.
We discussed a few things mentioned here and some that aren't.

They were very interested when I told them that it was illegal for us to pick up at bus stops and as all bus stops are geotagged on google then could they please stop pinning a customers location to a bus stop and tell them to move their arses to where is was legal to pick up
Bus stops, ziz zags, holding the traffic lights at busy junctions, Uber could do so much to improve pickups.
Uber managers have been calling me on/off from 2015, some of the stuff I mentioned from the early days was the destinations and Tips, constant surge after 10pm, lower commission for drivers with over 5k rides.
They only change stuff when it affects them or to promote themselves.

Why do you care? It doesnt matter one bit. I earned better when I had lower ratings and acceptance rate and higher cancellation rates. Being in the right area and working at the right time matters more than acceptance/cancellation rates.
Replying to the original post, don't know why you think I care, if I did care about any of the Uber figures, I would have it at 90% and 0% cancellation. What matters is how much stays in the bank account.

Lol you are the king for today then but yes acceptance rate is bulsh*t I won't care anymore specially at the weekends I did refuse a lot yesterday and trust me third ping was under 2 miles in my area...
Yesterday refused jobs 1min away, why? - the surge was 1.8x, when it's like that I can't find the courage to sell myself for a low fare.

It's annoying, but Uber wants it that way, if they listened to drivers, we would have a constant price of 1.5x at busy times, there would not be the need for drivers to play games, drive empty across London into a surge area.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.