• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What’s Uber/Lyft policy for delivering a package

SibeRescueBrian

I had a request today where I delivered clothes to the destination. So, no pax.

Anyone had this situation?
I've actually had 2 that went very well. First time, I picked up a package of saline solution from a doctor's office in Bridgewater and took it to another office in South Brunswick. The second time, I picked up a small auto part in Green Brook and dropped it off at a body shop in Hillsborough. Both times I just hit the pick up and drop off as if I was transporting a pax. Easy as pie. I'd love to do more of that and compete with the couriers.

Dr_Son

one of my clients the other day.... Paid 5$ by Credit card for a Kosher Slushies from lakewood.. Then $7 in uber to have me deliver it. txt read, "When you get to the drop pin someone will come out to your car and give you something." Then it went to.. "Thank you for picking that up, please bring it inside, i will tip." Im thinking i'm getting murdered or raped at this point.. needless to say ... it was a early 20's girl who said, "come in the door is ajar.." (now i really think i'm getting raped or murdered...).. I was like ... "umm hi, uber," with a big scared smirk. Need less to say she said thank you and i left with no tip....

Luberon

It is all perfect until uber X drivers are turned to drug couriers. Of course Uber spokesperson will confirm to journalists that it is against their policy to transport 'items' and the said driver has been deactivated.

Don Oldenburg

I was just asked over the weekend if I was interested in an 'on-demand' gig with a law firm that a friend of mine is a partner at. We were discussing my Uber-adventures and a discussion was started.

Today, he called and asked what he had to do to request me as and UBER driver. He wanted me to pickup a woman from their office -- a notary and bring her to a location at a clients home, and wait for her to come out and bring her back to the office.

I went to his office. Set up his app, and even gave him a first ride code. Got the woman, and did the run. She was in the house for 20 minutes. And fair was $24.xx-- Was totally worth it for me.

I sat down and discussed with him a bunch of stuff, but he's asked if I'd be interested in:

1. Picking up their Notary and bringing her to a location, and then picking her up, or waiting for her. either works for me.

2. Pick up document pouches and transport between their 3 offices, or other destinations, etc. As well as the courthouse.

3. Some of their clientel here in Palm Springs are elderly that do not drive -- he asked how he could have me pick them up and bring them to the office.

I told him that this could probably be done by any uber driver. But he doesn't want a stranger hauling legal documents around necessarily. He's a bit weird about that. I told him just to let me know when he needs something done and I'd be happy to take care of it for him. I put the app on his secretaries phone so she could coordinate the ride with me. As well as how to coordinate with me pickup of passengers/clients without her being present.

I'd be interested in what Ubers policy would be on non-pax transport. Does it put UBER into a different class of service? I guess it's no different than their food runs and stuff.

So, as of today, I'm partnered with a law firm for uber document delivery! LOL.

cooldude

I was just asked over the weekend if I was interested in an 'on-demand' gig with a law firm that a friend of mine is a partner at. We were discussing my Uber-adventures and a discussion was started.

Today, he called and asked what he had to do to request me as and UBER driver. He wanted me to pickup a woman from their office -- a notary and bring her to a location at a clients home, and wait for her to come out and bring her back to the office.

I went to his office. Set up his app, and even gave him a first ride code. Got the woman, and did the run. She was in the house for 20 minutes. And fair was $24.xx-- Was totally worth it for me.

I sat down and discussed with him a bunch of stuff, but he's asked if I'd be interested in:

1. Picking up their Notary and bringing her to a location, and then picking her up, or waiting for her. either works for me.

2. Pick up document pouches and transport between their 3 offices, or other destinations, etc. As well as the courthouse.

3. Some of their clientel here in Palm Springs are elderly that do not drive -- he asked how he could have me pick them up and bring them to the office.

I told him that this could probably be done by any uber driver. But he doesn't want a stranger hauling legal documents around necessarily. He's a bit weird about that. I told him just to let me know when he needs something done and I'd be happy to take care of it for him. I put the app on his secretaries phone so she could coordinate the ride with me. As well as how to coordinate with me pickup of passengers/clients without her being present.

I'd be interested in what Ubers policy would be on non-pax transport. Does it put UBER into a different class of service? I guess it's no different than their food runs and stuff.

So, as of today, I'm partnered with a law firm for uber document delivery! LOL.

Why didn't you ask him to pay you cash?? why did you have to pay uber 20% out of a job that was requested by one of your acquaintances, are u happy getting paid 18 cents per minutes for the wait??