• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What’s the best excuse to refuse picking up pax heading to bad hoods?

Alexxx_Uber

Then find another job. Seriously. Closing yourself in a small, confined space is potentially dangerous.

And, for the record, I drove all sorts of neighborhoods. It was the well-heeled professionals from the best neighborhoods of multi-million dollar homes that gave me the most trouble. One was a guy from a home at the tippy-top of a private road in North Caldwell. He got in and started beating on his wife.

The other was a HIGHLY respected corporate attorney tri-state wide from Montclair that had to be removed from my car by 3 police officers at gunpoint, and who STILL jumped around in the street, waving his arms and screaming. He had been heading home to his mansion on Upper Mountain Ave.

Never had a problem in the hood. I've driven them all... gangbangers (red, blue, and yellow), drug dealers, pimps, hookers of all gender-persuasions, young and old. They're all "Yes, Ma'am/No, Ma'am/Thank you, Ma'am".

You're afraid of the wrong people, and your system of one-starring people just because they're poor is disgustingly offensive.

Be careful. What goes around comes around, and it usually picks up speed and momentum along the way.
You are judging me wrongly in many levels ... Seems like a misunderstanding. I don’t care if an area is rich or poor. I just care about my safety. When I give a ride to a hood headed pax, regardless of good or bad pax, I will not accept any request until I am out of the hood. This is a loss for me, waste of time, miles, and fare. I need to have a way to tell Lyft to unpair those pax from me. This increases my chance of staying around my safe zone. If there is another tool for unpairing rather than one starring (it seems 3 stars is ok for unpair as well), please let me know. Oh and I don’t do this only to pax to the hoods, I do it to some rich pax going to their home in an out of town suburb. For those paxes, I will need to come back to town as well, because there is no ping over there.

Then find another job. Seriously. Closing yourself in a small, confined space is potentially dangerous.

And, for the record, I drove all sorts of neighborhoods. It was the well-heeled professionals from the best neighborhoods of multi-million dollar homes that gave me the most trouble. One was a guy from a home at the tippy-top of a private road in North Caldwell. He got in and started beating on his wife.

The other was a HIGHLY respected corporate attorney tri-state wide from Montclair that had to be removed from my car by 3 police officers at gunpoint, and who STILL jumped around in the street, waving his arms and screaming. He had been heading home to his mansion on Upper Mountain Ave.

Never had a problem in the hood. I've driven them all... gangbangers (red, blue, and yellow), drug dealers, pimps, hookers of all gender-persuasions, young and old. They're all "Yes, Ma'am/No, Ma'am/Thank you, Ma'am".

You're afraid of the wrong people, and your system of one-starring people just because they're poor is disgustingly offensive.

Be careful. What goes around comes around, and it usually picks up speed and momentum along the way.
You are judging me wrong on many levels. But it’s ok, it’s your opinion anyways, I don’t have any attitude toward it.

Brian G.

I have my Boston Celtics hat showing in my back seats. I'm a white baller and fan of basketball but it usually keeps things cool when I pick up in less desirable areas here in Boston plus I love old school rap and R&B jams so that likely wins black females as we sing a long to them. I do not drive nights though where most of the crime goes down. During the day any hood is fine.

JimKE

You are judging me wrongly in many levels ...

You are judging me wrong on many levels. But it’s ok, it’s your opinion anyways, I don’t have any attitude toward it.
As you said, it's a matter of opinion.

My personal opinion is that Suze has you absolutely nailed correctly.

This is really not a job meant for you. Find something better before you get deactivated...or hurt.

mbd

TalK sports . My lowest rating from the hood a 4. No late night driving for me.
When ratings go to 5... the rich purposely downgrade... only when it is a 5.. when not a 5, then no problem.

OtherUbersdo

I don't know how different Jersey is from Chicago but I do know there's no deer running across unlit, one-lane roads in our hood.
To be fair they can pop up just about anywhere now but I highly doubt there are herds running around the streets of the more urban areas of Trenton .

Christinebitg

To be fair they can pop up just about anywhere now but I highly doubt there are herds running around the streets of the more urban areas of Trenton .
I volunteer as a driver at a music festival in the Texas hill country. We drive whenever needed by the festival.

I've had times on the 90 minute trip in to the San Antonio airport when I saw multiple deer carcasses on the side of the road.

Christine

Alexxx_Uber

You are right. But I was driving from Trenton toward Princeton via via 206, not RT1. There are MANY deers on road 206 and around it.

I don't know how different Jersey is from Chicago but I do know there's no deer running across unlit, one-lane roads in our hood.
My area is well known for high number of deer accidents specially in mating season october and November

Cary Grant

Everyone thinks I'm a cop. Even the police ask me what agency I work for. People in bad 'hoods don't bother me. Sometimes, when I roll up with my windows down, the lookout for the corner crew will mumble "Five oh, shhh."

I just look over, smile, wink.

CarpeNoctem

Everyone thinks I'm a cop. Even the police ask me what agency I work for. People in bad 'hoods don't bother me. Sometimes, when I roll up with my windows down, the lookout for the corner crew will mumble "Five oh, shhh."

These days, that alone makes you a target.

I was driving down the road the other day (not online) and saw a kid (16,17,18) do the finger pistol thing at me.

Christinebitg

You've obviously missed your true calling. :wink:

I hope when law enforcement people ask, you just say "No, I'm just a civilian." For those here who don't know it, that's their term for someone who's not a sworn officer.

My Significant Other's brother is a retired cop in Iowa. Some pretty good stories there. :smile:

C

Cary Grant

You've obviously missed your true calling. :wink:

I hope when law enforcement people ask, you just say "No, I'm just a civilian." For those here who don't know it, that's their term for someone who's not a sworn officer.

My Significant Other's brother is a retired cop in Iowa. Some pretty good stories there. :smile:

C
Good God, NO. I despise all cops.

And I don't confirm or deny anything. I treat them all like mushrooms. :wink:

Guyinbp

Eh I've also had a few sketch things happen driving at night but on the bright side with adrenalin you won't need caffeine for a while. That won't be your last scary experience.

If the app is off you're on your own insurance. If the app is on you're on Uber's insurance, you know for the bullet holes and stuff; and the life insurance if you are signed up with it.

I drive anyone anywhere. I used to turn the app off and go to where I felt more comfortable when I was new and didn't know certain areas but now I feel fine and safe. :smile:
Uber on...
That's actually not true. Even if the apps on and you have no one in the car nor are going to a pick-up, you'll be paying for the bullet holes and car damage. If it's on and you are just looking for a ride, their insurance only covers liability so if you hit a gangster and they sue, you'll partially be covered, although the limit is way less than the $1m when you are going to ride or have someone in the car.

Uber Crack

Author
That's actually not true. Even if the apps on and you have no one in the car nor are going to a pick-up, you'll be paying for the bullet holes and car damage. If it's on and you are just looking for a ride, their insurance only covers liability so if you hit a gangster and they sue, you'll partially be covered, although the limit is way less than the $1m when you are going to ride or have someone in the car.
Thank you for sharing that info. Do you know if that is the same with the life insurance?

LadyJ8A

bad shit could happen ANYWHERE!
the suburbs and rich villages have crazies drug addicts murderers and robbers too
passengers need to get home you kinda have to take the risk but get a dash cam put stickers on your car like "this vehicle is under surveillance" to scare them away. i dont know what kind of fool would rob an uber driver most often uber drivers have cams and are being tracked.

Immoralized

OP is a troll. :biggrin: He makes click bait threads.

They are highly entertaining though. But I do not reckon he has ever driven for rideshare :oopsies:

One of OP other posts.

had a bad experience tonight - arrived at the pax location and parked at the end of the parked cars at about 10 steps from the pax location. Texted her upon my arrival, but she called and insisted that I have to drive exactly in front of her at the pizza place. It was a single lane street and she wanted me to do double park and block other cars. I moved on and reached in front of her and explained to her that what she asked was dangerous and against the law - she kept calling me common, calm down, calm down ...
I moved a bit forward and parked at the next safe spot, and then she arrived. I told her that I canceled the ride already because I fear for my safety. Then she called me a f* racial religious attack. I told her that I have the recording and will report the Uber. I did report, they filed it, and refunded my cancellation fee. I will look forward their following up.
Be aware that the pax rate was 4.96 ...
People that think he just hates the poor... Well that wrong.

language shockingly f bomb ...we are talking rich neighborhoods, highly
Educated , crowd....time after time
Is this regular talk??? Also, plastic surgery talk is common. Cheating very common... they will use the bi*** word
On neighboring female
I don't think June cleaver talked like this :smile:

Any U/l drivers living in rich neighborhoods???is this normal talk ??

Last edited: