1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What’s the best excuse to refuse picking up pax heading to bad hoods?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Alexxx_Uber, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

You are judging me wrongly in many levels ... Seems like a misunderstanding. I don’t care if an area is rich or poor. I just care about my safety. When I give a ride to a hood headed pax, regardless of good or bad pax, I will not accept any request until I am out of the hood. This is a loss for me, waste of time, miles, and fare. I need to have a way to tell Lyft to unpair those pax from me. This increases my chance of staying around my safe zone. If there is another tool for unpairing rather than one starring (it seems 3 stars is ok for unpair as well), please let me know. Oh and I don’t do this only to pax to the hoods, I do it to some rich pax going to their home in an out of town suburb. For those paxes, I will need to come back to town as well, because there is no ping over there.

You are judging me wrong on many levels. But it’s ok, it’s your opinion anyways, I don’t have any attitude toward it.

2. Brian G.

Brian G.

Driving:
    UberX
    I have my Boston Celtics hat showing in my back seats. I'm a white baller and fan of basketball but it usually keeps things cool when I pick up in less desirable areas here in Boston plus I love old school rap and R&B jams so that likely wins black females as we sing a long to them. I do not drive nights though where most of the crime goes down. During the day any hood is fine.

3. JimKE

JimKE

As you said, it's a matter of opinion.

My personal opinion is that Suze has you absolutely nailed correctly.

This is really not a job meant for you. Find something better before you get deactivated...or hurt.

Immoralized and Alexxx_Uber like this.
  4. mbd

mbd

TalK sports . My lowest rating from the hood a 4. No late night driving for me.
    When ratings go to 5... the rich purposely downgrade... only when it is a 5.. when not a 5, then no problem.

5. Jinxstone

Jinxstone

I don't know how different Jersey is from Chicago but I do know there's no deer running across unlit, one-lane roads in our hood.

reg barclay and Alexxx_Uber like this.
  6. To be fair they can pop up just about anywhere now but I highly doubt there are herds running around the streets of the more urban areas of Trenton .

7. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I volunteer as a driver at a music festival in the Texas hill country. We drive whenever needed by the festival.

I've had times on the 90 minute trip in to the San Antonio airport when I saw multiple deer carcasses on the side of the road.

Christine

8. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

You are right. But I was driving from Trenton toward Princeton via via 206, not RT1. There are MANY deers on road 206 and around it.

My area is well known for high number of deer accidents specially in mating season october and November

reg barclay likes this.
  9. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    We have places like that here in middle of Houston. Especially in the nightclub areas.

Oh wait, that's not what you meant... ;)

Christine

Alexxx_Uber likes this.
  10. Cary Grant

Cary Grant

Driving:
    UberX
    Everyone thinks I'm a cop. Even the police ask me what agency I work for. People in bad 'hoods don't bother me. Sometimes, when I roll up with my windows down, the lookout for the corner crew will mumble "Five oh, shhh."

I just look over, smile, wink.

11. CarpeNoctem

CarpeNoctem

Driving:
    UberXL
    These days, that alone makes you a target.

I was driving down the road the other day (not online) and saw a kid (16,17,18) do the finger pistol thing at me.

12. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    You've obviously missed your true calling. ;)

I hope when law enforcement people ask, you just say "No, I'm just a civilian." For those here who don't know it, that's their term for someone who's not a sworn officer.

My Significant Other's brother is a retired cop in Iowa. Some pretty good stories there. :)

C

13. Cary Grant

Cary Grant

Driving:
    UberX
    Good God, NO. I despise all cops.

And I don't confirm or deny anything. I treat them all like mushrooms. ;)

Christinebitg likes this.
  14. Guyinbp

Guyinbp

That's actually not true. Even if the apps on and you have no one in the car nor are going to a pick-up, you'll be paying for the bullet holes and car damage. If it's on and you are just looking for a ride, their insurance only covers liability so if you hit a gangster and they sue, you'll partially be covered, although the limit is way less than the $1m when you are going to ride or have someone in the car.

Uber Crack likes this.
  15. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I think it depends on if you have a rideshare endorsement on your personal coverage.

C

Uber Crack likes this.
  16. Guyinbp

Guyinbp

Yes your personal insurance would kick in. But so would they with the app off.

Uber Crack likes this.
  17. Uber Crack

Uber Crack

Driving:
    UberX
    Thank you for sharing that info. Do you know if that is the same with the life insurance?

18. bad **** could happen ANYWHERE!
    the suburbs and rich villages have crazies drug addicts murderers and robbers too
    passengers need to get home you kinda have to take the risk but get a dash cam put stickers on your car like "this vehicle is under surveillance" to scare them away. i dont know what kind of fool would rob an uber driver most often uber drivers have cams and are being tracked.

Alexxx_Uber likes this.
  19. OP is a troll. :D He makes click bait threads.

They are highly entertaining though. But I do not reckon he has ever driven for rideshare :oops:

One of OP other posts.

People that think he just hates the poor... Well that wrong.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  20. 38 Specisl (the band), and Panic 911 (the show). Just remember, "when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away".