• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What’s the best excuse to refuse picking up pax heading to bad hoods?

Alexxx_Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eh I've also had a few sketch things happen driving at night but on the bright side with adrenalin you won't need caffeine for a while. That won't be your last scary experience.

If the app is off you're on your own insurance. If the app is on you're on Uber's insurance, you know for the bullet holes and stuff; and the life insurance if you are signed up with it.

I drive anyone anywhere. I used to turn the app off and go to where I felt more comfortable when I was new and didn't know certain areas but now I feel fine and safe. :smiles:
Uber on...
I’m sworn to not to give rides heading to bad hood. Just tryto make up the best excuse. Seriously

Uber Crack

Author
Yeah, 5 minutes tailgating with flashing high beams and horns, turning each turn I turn ... yeah you are right, he just wanted me to move faster
ToHuntForMe is just messing with you :smiles:

I got into a car following me situation once but it was because the pax in my car started messing with some randoms in another car and it was ON. It IS scary but tbh that can happen anywhere. I managed to shake them and ripped my pax a new one. We were all so grateful to be alive that it ended up being a bonding moment with the pax. :smiles:

tohunt4me

Now if the nearest business still open is 3 miles away.
Has more bars & razorwire than death row.
All the grafitti names on the buildings have X's across them.
Only buildings standing are from second to last century .
More tennis shoes hanging from the wires than on the streets
It might be bad.

Ive been in neighborhoods the Sun was afraid to shine in !

Uber Crack

Author
Now if the nearest business still open is 3 miles away.
Has more bars & razorwire than death row.
All the grafitti names on the buildings have X's across them.
Only buildings standing are from second to last century .
More tennis shoes hanging from the wires than on the streets
It might be bad.

Ive been in neighborhoods tbe Sun was afraid to shine in !
If there's a pit bull in every front yard.
If there are red lights or green lights at the front doors...

tohunt4me

No. The pit bulls are stolen for dog fights or eaten.
All outside lights are stolen.

If you leave your front door open a second and 3 five year olds line up repeating everything they see out loud so they can go home and give a shopping list .

Alexxx_Uber

Some comments are really interesting- the guys simply approve the wild driving behavior- oh and trying to make the shortest sarcastic funny comments-are you the same drivers who enter the traffic ramp jams from top of the line instead of end?
attitude is like they are the best driver and others don’t know how to drive ... dude you are not Michael Shumacher

Last edited:

JimKE

If I can be serious for a moment, I have two suggestions:
  1. What I would do is just drive the pax, and en route select last ride on the driver app. Drop off. Leave.
  2. If you really don't want to go to the area, just tell the rider it's a high-crime area where you have had problems in the past and you're not going there. Be prepared for a complaint of racism, but keep in mind that it's only Lyft, so no big deal if you get deactivated.

Alexxx_Uber

That’s my whole point - if we feel unsafe about driving somewhere, why should we have Lyfts gun on our head to force us to do it? It’s not making sense at all. We need some actions here. We need to raise voices