• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What’s the best excuse to refuse picking up pax heading to bad hoods?

Alexxx_Uber

picked up a Lyft pax in good neighborhood at 11pm, but the destination was in bad hood. Pax was fine. Dropped her off and turned off Lyft as I didn’t want to pickup from the hood. In my return route, in one of the one lane dark back roads a car tailgated me and started high beam flashing and horn. I was scared to death literally. Put the gear on sport mode, turned on warning lights, and pushed my horn continuously, and ran with max speed toward campus area which I knew is full of cops. The @@@@@@@ gave up after couple miles fortunately. I think he wanted to rob me ...

Last edited:

Alexxx_Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Again, 11:30 pm, 10 mph above the limit, in area full of deer herds. No I wasn’t slow

You don’t know how shitty is that area ... (Trenton).
I’m seriously looking for a way to refuse rides toward that hood.

Alexxx_Uber

Another evening, in my noobie period, I picked up a cracked tall white guy
The Deer like it !
the dears were scared by my continus horn! Could’ve jumped in front of me!

Another evening, in my noobie period, I picked up a cracked tall white guy who was heading to that hood. He put two stops. In his first stop he went to liquor store, but returned with a black small bag smelling obviously like drug. In next stop he went to meet with his FRIEND (you know what is that), and asked me to wait 5 minutes. I ran away as soon as he left ...

Alexxx_Uber

When you see the drop address, cancel the ride and tell the pax you have a sudden family emergency, that you can't take them.

Leave it for someone with some sack.
Sounds like a legit excuse - will use it next time

Sodium101

In my return route, in one of the one lane dark back roads a car tailgated me and started high beam flashing and horn.
So the guy was trying to tell you that your lights are not turned on and you ran like a pansy?

I motion to people every night to turn on their headlights. Only about 10% actually get the message. One time, a pickup truck behind me had no lights on. I had no one in my car. I was trying to motion to him with my flashlight and turning my lights on and on. Didn't get the message for a while.

Uber Crack

Author
Eh I've also had a few sketch things happen driving at night but on the bright side with adrenalin you won't need caffeine for a while. That won't be your last scary experience.

If the app is off you're on your own insurance. If the app is on you're on Uber's insurance, you know for the bullet holes and stuff; and the life insurance if you are signed up with it.

I drive anyone anywhere. I used to turn the app off and go to where I felt more comfortable when I was new and didn't know certain areas but now I feel fine and safe. :smiles:
Uber on...

Alexxx_Uber

So the guy was trying to tell you that your lights are not turned on and you ran like a pansy?

I motion to people every night to turn on their headlights. Only about 10% actually get the message. One time, a pickup truck behind me had no lights on. I had no one in my car. I was trying to motion to him with my flashlight and turning my lights on and on. Didn't get the message for a while.
Not really- my lights are automatic. It switches automatically between low and high beam depending on if there is a car in front. Plus, he was tailgating seriously close distance, and did the whole thing for about 5 minutes non stop