We've Noticed You've been accepting fewer trips

Tim In Cleveland

That's because I have a Select car and ONLY want XL or Select riders unless it is surging. I went to the local office and was REFUSED a Select/XL only profile and am being flooded with x fares that I REFUSE TO ACCEPT. It's also not worthwhile to go 15 minutes to pick up an XL fare because then you find out they only want to go 1 mile and the round trip takes you 40 minutes.
You spin this horse manure that we are "independent businesses" but what business plan only includes WHEN you will be available and accepts every offer? There is no such thing. Every business decides what market they will target and no sane person wants X fares in an expensive car.
No matter how often you time me out or send texts or emails, NOT ONE X FARE WILL GET ACCEPTED.
You are causing riders to have to wait longer to get a driver as I ignore the pings that I clearly informed you that I will not accept and should have the right to decline. I am offline most of the week when I easily could be online 40 hours or more a week if I was allowed to target the pings I receive. Will your harassment tactics work? No. I have responded by taking a job and will now only consider driving Uber a mere fraction of the time I would have and even then, NOT ONE X FARE!!!

Potsy

That's because I have a Select car and ONLY want XL or Select riders unless it is surging. I went to the local office and was REFUSED a Select/XL only profile and am being flooded with x fares that I REFUSE TO ACCEPT. It's also not worthwhile to go 15 minutes to pick up an XL fare because then you find out they only want to go 1 mile and the round trip takes you 40 minutes.
You spin this horse manure that we are "independent businesses" but what business plan only includes WHEN you will be available and accepts every offer? There is no such thing. Every business decides what market they will target and no sane person wants X fares in an expensive car.
No matter how often you time me out or send texts or emails, NOT ONE X FARE WILL GET ACCEPTED.
You are causing riders to have to wait longer to get a driver as I ignore the pings that I clearly informed you that I will not accept and should have the right to decline. I am offline most of the week when I easily could be online 40 hours or more a week if I was allowed to target the pings I receive. Will your harassment tactics work? No. I have responded by taking a job and will now only consider driving Uber a mere fraction of the time I would have and even then, NOT ONE X FARE!!!
Good on you. We all need to stand up to the bastards.

Argantes

In response: Uber yawns, rolls over, and takes a nap as 10 more folks start driving in your place.
Soon as I read your post ubersour I immediately thought of "office space" scene in the morning when he's supposed to go to work, the boss calls him 10 times and he just yawns and rolls over.

Bluedog8113

I have contacted my local office about the same issue. The responses I received from Uber "Support" were comical at best, insulting at worst. If people want my sweet a$$ ride they gonna have to pay UberXL. Simple! It's not like I'm going offline, so the "we want our riders to have a car when they need it" excuse insults our intelligence. Good luck. I'm going to try Lyft.

Tim In Cleveland

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In response: Uber yawns, rolls over, and takes a nap as 10 more folks start driving in your place.
Yep, and over 2 years driving for them means nothing. They just grind us under their feet. I stopped driving weekdays LOOOOONG ago. I'm not hitting the rode for $6 an hour. Time to say goodbye to weekends too.

Dahkei

So does anyone know why Uber doesn't allow certain drivers the option to exclude X? I drive XL and Select only for Uber and refuse to mess with Lyft because they won't give me that option.
From the time I started Uber, nearly 2 years ago the option has always been there. I've heard some newer drivers in my market say that they can't opt out so I figured it was a newbie thing. So now I'm confused to hear that other experienced drivers can't choose either. Makes absolutely no sense. I'd continue to push the issue until someone truly listens.

Tim In Cleveland

So does anyone know why Uber doesn't allow certain drivers the option to exclude X? I drive XL and Select only for Uber and refuse to mess with Lyft because they won't give me that option.
From the time I started Uber, nearly 2 years ago the option has always been there. I've heard some newer drivers in my market say that they can't opt out so I figured it was a newbie thing. So now I'm confused to hear that other experienced drivers can't choose either. Makes absolutely no sense. I'd continue to push the issue until someone truly listens.
I must have ignored 50 x requests yesterday from 10p to 5 a. They're refusal to give me a XL or Select ONLY option has resulted in me picking up NOT ONE X FARE and NEVER WILL unless it's surging. This company treats drivers like crap. It's not how long you have been driving. I have driven for over 2 years but just recently bought a Select car. Even as I contacted them about requirements before buying, they gave me NO WARNING they would pull this harassment. The RNC is in town and Select cars will be in high demand but the locals plan to tie up the Select cars with X pings.

Amsoil Uber Connect

This is such BS. With so many X's out there why is this even a problem. smh....

Next time I get that I should tell them, Ya right partner, go tell that to the XL and Plus guys, I'm going back to bed.

Smokenburn

What do they expect? No tips and $.75/mile $.10/min no one is going to be willing to drive a nice car into the ground. Uber cars will be worse than a taxi. A reasonable fare plus a nice car is what has made Uber successful. Considering most markets are new or a 2-3 years old... you aren't going to see nice cars at Uber X anymore unless Uber decides to pay to drivers/car owners.

Tim In Cleveland

I decided to write the local support office and ask again for a xl/select only profile. It was answered by B Nishanth (likely Phillipines...yeah [email protected] goes to the Phillipines) who said things like
  • Accept all trip requests that you receive.
  • If you're not ready to accept requests, be sure to go offline.
Heartless stomping on drivers. They will likely follow up with a stupid email asking me why I'm not online much during the convention. I think it's because you are driving me into other work.

Kalee

I must have ignored 50 x requests yesterday from 10p to 5 a. They're refusal to give me a XL or Select ONLY option has resulted in me picking up NOT ONE X FARE and NEVER WILL unless it's surging. This company treats drivers like crap. It's not how long you have been driving. I have driven for over 2 years but just recently bought a Select car. Even as I contacted them about requirements before buying, they gave me NO WARNING they would pull this harassment. The RNC is in town and Select cars will be in high demand but the locals plan to tie up the Select cars with X pings.
They must need select drivers to take X requests because there must not be enough X only drivers in Cleveland. I mean, I have to admit that when I look at Cleveland on the riders app I'm only seeing about 18,000 X cars waiting for a ride request.
So that must be it. Too few X only cars.