We've got a place!

Sephas

It's so dead...I wonder how many Uber users are there in Vancouver, and where most of them are located? :confused:

Sephas

I'll keep you all posted when I'm done with my shift or fuel and see how much I get and the difference of it being worth the drive from pdx to Vancouver.

Sephas

So far I had made 3 fares from north Vancouver, these guys love Uber, but the fact is that "most Uber drivers are too far in central location of Vancouver," and I noticed that most of them head's towards downtown and of course there are plenty of uber drivers in downtown, but if there isn't any drivers out of town to send them in town then there won't be any fares for those who sits in downtown Vancouver. Yeah we really need to spread out to help each other out. Sever al drivers bring them into downtown and the others brings them back home. I'm going to see if I can get two more fares to end my night or at least one before I head out. Parking is free in Vancouver after 6pm, I didn't know that :mad:! That's what it say on the parking meters Downtown Vancouver. The only problem is finding a restroom that is open after midnight. Can anyone point out some good places for public restrooms after hours/midnight?

Sephas

Not a lot of fares tonight for me, been getting 3 ride a night and that's it. So it's best to be out on about from 6pm until 10pm around outside area of downtown Vancouver. From 10pm and later is a dead night in Vancouver, maybe later 3am is where you'll find people readying themselves to head home from downtown. I haven't tried day hours yet on the weekends or weekdays. Maybe the beginning of this week o will give it a shot.

Sydney Uber

Just read the email the vancouver team sent out about the $15 gaurantee this weekend. Did anybody else see the cute little fine print they added this time?

You only get the $15/hr gaurantee if you complete at least one trip every hour... sooo... basically this 'gaurantee' is anything but that... most trips are over 15 bucks anyway so if we could somehow get a trip every hour we most likely would be breaking the 15 limit anyway... what a complete joke. A gaurantee should be just that. Tell us that if we are working, we still get paid, even if we dont get riders. Simply unbelievable.
And how easy would it be to program a filter into the dispatch protocols to ensure a driver DOES NOT reach the 1 job per hour minimum.

It would save the company a lot of money.

Sydney Uber

Guys, you have to drive around at least east to west every 30mins or hour. I just had a rider. Don't camp out! The app doesn't really detect or alert you from within less than 2 mile or maybe less than 1 mile of your location to the rider. My rider told me they've using the app, but they told me that there were no drivers near by until I ran through thier location on the highway. So I encourage you to drive around every 30mins to 1 hour to other places.
Hope you have shares in an Oil Company!

Driving around aimlessly is mad considering the return on most jobs

danchez

If I wouldn't have to pay $10 for an iphone and I could use my droid I probably would have signed up and spent some time up in Vancouver during the day to see if there is any business. It just doesn't really sound like it's worth it right now to sign up for Vancouver though. I'm just biding my time and hoping Portland adopts uber sooner rather than later.

Sephas

At 10 am it will show that hillsboro, beaverton, tigard, and Gresham available for Uber services! I'm very excited! Can't operate in Portland, but you could still transport them to portland area. Can't wait for portland downtown!

Samhain13

I just took my first Uber trip today (as a rider) in the newly minted Portland Metro area. My driver has been with Uber for 4 months and was very happy that our region opened up to him. I went from Raleigh Hills to downtown Portland in a very nice uberX vehicle. He said in the 4 months in the 'Couve, he had very few trips. Since Metro went live on Wednesday, he said he's definitely making much better money, mostly around Tigard. This surprises me, since I would think that Intel and Nike would have more of a draw. Well, the dam has been broken. I'm hoping to see Portland get the stick out of their ass soon.

As a side note, I did tip him. Not because I had to, but because he was so chill, friendly, and played some pretty cool pop music (it wasn't American, not sure what it was). I gave him enough to cover his Uber fee + Safe Rides Fee, that way he at least made something on this trip (which was about $16, not including my tip).

Uber dart

So after my first weekend making a whopping $35 in 8 hours(this includes the $5 tip that was insisted on) I haven't tried again. Any luck in the cities that just opened up?