• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

We've got a place!

Sephas

Guys, you have to drive around at least east to west every 30mins or hour. I just had a rider. Don't camp out! The app doesn't really detect or alert you from within less than 2 mile or maybe less than 1 mile of your location to the rider. My rider told me they've using the app, but they told me that there were no drivers near by until I ran through thier location on the highway. So I encourage you to drive around every 30mins to 1 hour to other places.

jake in couv

Ah. There in lies the debate. Waste gas searching for possible fares; or dont waste gas searching for fares.

Considering i just wasted 4 hours of my life for nothing, ill bite and try taking a jont over east

Sephas

If you camp out it would best to stay for at least 10 mins to 15 mins per location, and then move to another location about a mile or two from your old location. I would suggest to do a route. Go from NW Vancouver then SW Vancouver then SE Vancouver then NE...I just did the Nw to sw to east and got 3 riders, but I camped out way more than 2 hours per location. I used up about 2/11th of my tank. But I got to head home, I have errands. Besides I'm from SW portland. Good luck guys and gals.

jake in couv

Hmm. Might not be a bad idea, but then again there is a large amount of luck that figures into it. As far as having to be within 2 miles of the rider to get assigned; that isnt completely true. It offers the trip to whatever driver is closest to the rider, regardless of how far away they actually are. In theory, as long as you are on the outside of the rest of the drivers, and on the side pointing towards bars and/or residential, you should get the most trips.

But then again, ive scored nothing tonight. Either a bad plan or just incredibly unlucky

Sephas

I'm going to give it another try for tonight and see uber riders activities for certain location.

jake in couv

Cool man let us know how it goes. I ended up getting one fare yesterday. $7.68! Yes! That means after Uber takes their share, and then takes money for the phone, im down about 8 dollars after buying gas. How great is that!!!

Sephas

I would love it if Uber is in PDX, I hear from some riders that likes Uber travels to PDX, but coming back costed them more because uber is not able to do business thier, and they have to stick with a taxi.

jake in couv

Has anyone on here been able to make near enough money to make this even worth their time? Seriously thinking about just sending my phone back and closing the account until Portland starts up.

I would love to hear at least one success story other than the uber promoters hollow claims of '$1500 per week!'

Optimus Uber

Has anyone on here been able to make near enough money to make this even worth their time? Seriously thinking about just sending my phone back and closing the account until Portland starts up.

I would love to hear at least one success story other than the uber promoters hollow claims of '$1500 per week!'
I make $2500 a week, but its in an established market. Its going to be done time before you see those numbers. I'm in Los,Angeles, uber takes 25% of it. Nit that great she you consider you have to pay taxes out of what's left after gas, insurance, etc.

Uber dart

So this is my first weekend. 15 mins after I lodged in last night got a fare. Thought awesome this may work. Nope. Nothing for 2 hours. Logged in again this morning. Got a fare. Sweet right. Nothing for 5 hours. Been trying places all over town. Thinking of going into bars tonight to give out promo cards they gave me. Anyone else try this? Think we all need to work together on getting the word out.

Sephas

So this is my first weekend. 15 mins after I lodged in last night got a fare. Thought awesome this may work. Nope. Nothing for 2 hours. Logged in again this morning. Got a fare. Sweet right. Nothing for 5 hours. Been trying places all over town. Thinking of going into bars tonight to give out promo cards they gave me. Anyone else try this? Think we all need to work together on getting the word out.
No, but it would be a great idea of doing so to spread the word. I think it's also a great way to give those to a company and let them know about Uber.

Sephas

I make $2500 a week, but its in an established market. Its going to be done time before you see those numbers. I'm in Los,Angeles, uber takes 25% of it. Nit that great she you consider you have to pay taxes out of what's left after gas, insurance, etc.
It's pretty tough, but I did get 3 fares last night, and I'm going to try it aga in but planning to stay up until later midnight.

Sephas

I just established my self a location setter to do my rounds. I hope Uber opens up an app for Android for driver. IPhone keeps going crazy weird on me. And it doesn't even have a voice to text system for maps or location finder by using voice. On my Note 3 I can do that with just and easy say it and it shows it! Much easier and quicker way to access my map and location so quick that I can get to my riders place quickly without typing it in. I noticed that not all riders will input thier place of travel/destinations on their uber app.

LookyLou

You guys can download and use the Uber Android app now if you want.

Just find a download link here on the forum or elsewhere, download the app, sign in and start using you Android.

You may not be able to avoid the $10.00 weekly phone charge or turn in your iPhone until the BYOD is made official in your market. But there are many drivers using the app on their own phone in markets that have not officially launched the BYOD plan yet.

Uber dart

Went into my first bar and talked to the owner. She loved the idea and the guys sitting at the bar were curious. I'm a salesman by trade and advertising is what we need. If Uber isn't going to do it, we have to.

jake in couv

Not a bad idea man. It should work if you do it in advance, but as far as clearing out drunks at the end of the night, they would have to download uber on their phone, then manage to enter all of their credit card data in correctly, the request the correct pick up location... most likely not going to happen after 10 coronas

jake in couv

Thanks for the input Optimus. I bet we will be able to get those numbers once the Mayor of Portland stops sleeping with the head appointee of the taxi indusry's rep on Portlands 'for hire transportation board'.

Any success stories from Vancouver drivers? Anything even remotely close to 1k a week?