Westchester Rates, Surges, Best Places & Times to Drive

Maven

Rockland drivers may wish to start a similar thread or use this thread
https://uberpeople.net/threads/rockland-county-rates.178226/
Note: Rockland & Westchester have identical rates (listed here), but different HotSpots.

General suggestions here, but please reply with your local comments and observations to THIS thread.

Both Uber and Lyft often mislead new drivers into believing they will "get rich quick". It's rarely true. You need to find the best places and times to drive, which you will learn with experience. Learn from other drivers in this area and help them in turn.

Please share your experiences with your fellow drivers and they in turn may help you.
Have you seen any surges? Where and when? Did they last or disappear quickly?

It may take a while for Uber to catch on in a new area. The faster it does, the more business for each individual driver, but having too many drivers in one place reduces individual driver earnings and surges. Too few drivers is not good either because riders that must wait too long may choose other alternatives.

Check your emails from Uber. In newly opened areas, like NY-Suburbs, Uber has been known to distribute statistics on busiest times of the week. These can be very useful.

Irishjohn831

I’ve been in the heart of high Surge areas where In the AM and got nothing.

In some cases these surges seem to be a Pavlovian response so that Uber can exhibit what may appear as predictability in order to draw drivers to these areas because they were high surges week before.

I’ve gotten some good surges, not so much in the morning

Maven

I’ve been in the heart of high Surge areas where In the AM and got nothing.
Happens to many drivers. :frown:
In some cases these surges seem to be a Pavlovian response so that Uber can exhibit what may appear as predictability in order to draw drivers to these areas because they were high surges week before.
I’ve gotten some good surges, not so much in the morning
There is suspicion, but no proof of what you imply, that Uber starts surges in anticipation of a demand if there are insufficient drivers in the area.

Littlepuppet

This is nothing new . The surge is fake . It’s uber algorithm telling you there going to be high demands of rides soon. Thus forcing drivers to go online

Maven

I've seen surges in the Hudson River.
Didn't you hear about the new UberFish service? :wink: